Anyone use one of these tire inflators?

I've got an old no name one I bought years ago, but it pretty useless for filling truck tires. You could probably take a 12 hr nap, and the tire wouldn't be fully inflated. Only thing it's good for is hand truck, and small lawn tractor tires. I have a small craftsmen AC air compressor at my home that does everything I would need it for.

You won't be happy with that purchase.

It will be noisy and really really slow filling a automotive sized tire. It is more suited for filling beach balls, air mattress, soccer balls, bicycle tires.......

Assuming you want quiet, then you'll need to move to a belt drive compressor. Noise is directly related to speed. If you want speed then you need to look at the "CFM" numbers. The higher the better. Typically, 2 numbers are stated, one at 40 psi and the other at 90 psi. For car/truck tires look at 40 psi number that indicates the Cubic Feet per Minute air flow. You will also see higher air flow and pressures require more horsepower. Ignore the "HP" numbers, look at the Amps or Wattage of the motor. HP numbers are typically when the motor is at stall. Amps/Wattage is the continuous rating of the motor.

Have had the Ryobi inflator for quite some time. Picked one up at Home Depot, was under $20 when I got mine. It has the digital gauge. Had the original with the analogue gauge for many years. It works great, for what it is. Mine have been fairly quiet, just make sure to keep them oiled. If you use it to add some air in tires that are a little low and you aren't home, these things are great.

I would not want to use one all of the time to fill tires, but I have used one on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, to take a tire on a service van with a tread puncture, from about 25psi to 80psi. Yeah, I used the dreaded fix-a-flat, but at 7pm in the middle of the mountains in western North Carolina, you use what you've got.

Friend of mine just gave me one of these interdynamics 160 psi compressor's thats not working. I think its got a broken power supply wire. I know nothing about it.

Last edited:
Back