Awesome new version Atoto A6 Android Head Unit in 2008

mrproduxn

I finally swapped out the stock meh head unit for a touch screen. With the head unit, camera, connection adapters, obd2 bluetooth module and dash kit I spent $269. I have been reading reviews on various units and figured at this price it was worth the investment. Everything came from Amazon Prime so I have time to test it and return it if I choose. After just a few days I am loving this stereo. The Android Auto/Apple Carplay support was a big seller. It has built in wifi, gps, 2 usb 3.0 connections and dual camera inputs. I can connect to my home wifi or use my phone hotspot for internet access. The music sounds better than anything I have owned including factory Bose and factory premium Sony systems that had subs. I have no sub in this one. It came with youtube, pandora, google, navigation and a bunch of other built in software. I added waze as it is my favorite driving app. I did not want to deal with a trigger for a dvd player. With this I can watch concert videos on youtube while in motion (not recommended). It only has a 2 gb ram but it seems to be plenty fast accessing apps and switching music sources. The head unit was $219 with a $28 instant AMZ discount making the head unit $191. I cannot find anything at BestBuy or Crutchfield to compete with it. It also has a dvr for front camera recording and it has 1 touch front camera viewing. I chose to only wire the rear camera for reverse viewing. Still shopping for a front camera. I can finally hear good clear sound from my rear access cab speakers. The rear stock and front door Kicker 6 x 9's and Kicker/Subaru tweeters provide all the thumping bass that I need (I am in my 60's). I am simply blown away by the features of this unit and highly recommend it. It came with the basic torque app for monitoring engine information. Being a 2008 I don't know how many parameters will be visible with the upgraded torque pro so not sure if I will buy it. I also did not want to rip apart the dash to replace the lighter with a dual usb extension. I used the lighter sleeve with a grommet to pass thru the 2 included long usb 3.0 cables. Not pretty but does the job. Now I have a fast charger in the 12v socket, a 3.0 usb hooked up to my thumb drive music and the other 3.0 usb for connecting android auto or another phone.
atoto 1.jpg atoto 2.jpg atoto 3.jpg atoto 6.jpg atoto 4.jpg

Last edited:
Back