Bed Stiffeners

Imo, toyota would have added bed stiffener's if needed. It'd be a small niche market for those who really abuse their taco that would want them. I've had everything in my bed as I did when I had my gen1 tundra during the last 4 years from over a 1k lbs. of concrete bags to my lawn tractor with no need for these stiffeners.

Imo, toyota would have added bed stiffener's if needed. It'd be a small niche market for those who really abuse their taco that would want them. I've had everything in my bed as I did when I had my gen1 tundra during the last 4 years from over a 1k lbs. of concrete bags to my lawn tractor with no need for these stiffeners.

Cool.

Nothing for the gen1 crowd?
New parts new tools all the time here o_O

Nothing for the gen1 crowd?
New parts new tools all the time here o_O

1. Many iterations exist for a 1st Gen, for as little as $53. Not sure why you're asking here.

2. You're known on the other forum, and not in any way positive so no need to continue posting.

Did you think you really needed them for how the truck is used? Unless you have a camper top, or rack mounted on the bed rails, yeah I could see they would help. I've seen many load up their trucks with everything from bed stiffeners to big ass tires, and 6'' lift kits to re-gearing, and never taking them off-road, let alone a dirt road. I gotta go by what I've carried in my trucks bed over the last 4 years while traveling on some of the bad dirt roads here, not to mention getting into a couple of the less accessible fishing spots while carrying a small aluminum row boat in the bed, that the main crowd stays away from. Idk, my off road escapade days are over. I've been using my 3rd gen tacoma for what I call normal use. So far i haven't noticed any bed issues that would require extra attention needing stiffeners.

Last edited:
Back