Belt Tensioner / AC Compressor 2011 Tacoma 4.0

BEARHEART

Hi everybuddy

So im trying to get to the belt tensioner. I got off the alternator. Got off the 2 top mounting bolts from the ac compressor. Cannot get to the bottom two mounting bolts on the ac compressor.

How do I get off those two bottom bolts on the ac compressor? Should I take the drivers side suspension apart or there an easier way?

How much could go wrong if i dont replace the belt tensioner assembly?

Thanks for your help

BEARHEART

update

ok i got the bottom two bolts off took 2 days. to get to the bulkhead side bolt (the back one) i had to use a step ladder to properly position my body and for leverage. i had to go in from the top and break the bolt loose with a 3/8 12 mm mac tool deep impact wrench with inch and half snap on extension and snap on 3/8 breaker bar. then i put my snapon ratchet on and worked it one tooth at a time , a cheap ratchet with coarse teeth wouldnt have been able to do it.

pro tip leave the top front bolt in to keep the compressor from pinching the bottom bolt

finally the bottom front 12mm compressor bolt required a 3/8 snapon 12 mm deep flex socket a 10 inch extension a 1/2 to 3/8 reducer and a 1/2 inch breaker bar.
then switched to that snapon ratchet and worked it all the way out.

hell of a fine day

BEARHEART

Back