Best Tonneau Cover??

Blackjack

Hi Team Taco!

Just got my 2022 Taco TRD (4WD), and need to know what my best options are for a rear tonneau cover (quality & price) - thanks in advance!

You can ask a dozen truck owners that one, and probably get as many different opinions. Being the first tonneau cover on one of my trucks, I'm happy with the stock toyota one. It seals extremely well, and so far it appears as new 4 1/2 years later. The toyota dealer charged me 600, and change when I ordered the truck. The only negative on this cover, its heavy, its probably why it seals water out son well. Plus side....you can lay a bag of concrete on top of it and not worry. Be sure you treat these covers periodically with a tonneau protectant. Some dealers fail to tell you that.
As far as aftermarket covers...I hear the bakflip mx4 is popular among tacoma owners.

You can ask a dozen truck owners that one, and probably get as many different opinions. Being the first tonneau cover on one of my trucks, I'm happy with the stock toyota one. It seals extremely well, and so far it appears as new 4 1/2 years later. The toyota dealer charged me 600, and change when I ordered the truck. The only negative on this cover, its heavy, its probably why it seals water out son well. Plus side....you can lay a bag of concrete on top of it and not worry. Be sure you treat these covers periodically with a tonneau protectant. Some dealers fail to tell you that.
As far as aftermarket covers...I hear the bakflip mx4 is popular among tacoma owners.
Thank yoU, tacojoel!

There's nothing wrong with the toyota cover. it's like any cover, you have to care for them using the required protectants, especially outside 24/7 in the elements. If you don't, it's like neglecting your motor oil changes. I don't think toyota has this maintenance in their owners manual, but any responsible dealer when you purchase the truck with one should go over this with you. My dealer even gave me a kit they use to get me under way.

There's nothing wrong with the toyota cover. it's like any cover, you have to care for them using the required protectants, especially outside 24/7 in the elements. If you don't, it's like neglecting your motor oil changes. I don't think toyota has this maintenance in their owners manual, but any responsible dealer when you purchase the truck with one should go over this with you. My dealer even gave me a kit they use to get me under way.

You forget to mention how heavy it is to fold and remove.

You forget to mention how heavy it is to fold and remove.
I did in post #2 as a negative if you need a full bed, and have to remove it.....I have partially knelt on top of it to wipe my rear window, its that hefty. Otherwise no other fault I can list.

Back