" CLUTCH" out on my 2007 tacoma 4x4 TRD off road

C.Mitchell

My clutch just went out on my 07 tacoma 4x4 TRD off road. I have looked around and asked lots of people , but all different answers. I have heard that this model needs the higher torque clutch or the more expensive one. I'm fine with that as long as its true. Anyone that could point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated

$163.00 for a complete set is probably a pretty good deal. I paid about that much 20 years ago for a clutch. Sachs has long been considered top of the line stuff.

Avoid ultra-high performance clutches because they can be lousy on the street. Back in the day guys would get these super heavy duty clutches for prostock type drag cars and run them on 300bhp street cars and they were undrivable. I don't know if they even make clutches like that for a Taco, but if they do, avoid them.

Mine seems to work well. I think the stock Luk unit is made in Mexico??? So... I up-graded to this clutch.

I have almost 30,000 miles on this replacement clutch kit!! No issues to date!

Depends?? If you have grooves or "hot spots" you might wanna turn it. Mine looked good... so I did not turn mine. However, If you have a place near you... it would not hurt.

The four cylinder was pretty easy to do. Just ordered the parts and paid my son's buddy to aid in the install. If you have tools and help... it's a do-able job. Youtube might also have videos on the process.

Back