coolant loss

Still, it has to be a very tight labor intensive job removing it....better them than me.
I feel the same way. Just could not get it done today. The dealer did not have one of the o-rings in the replacement part kit??? Kinda pisses me off that the truck is down another day. However, I want it fixed right since I will be traveling p north to Ontario a few times this summer.

I feel the same way. Just could not get it done today. The dealer did not have one of the o-rings in the replacement part kit??? Kinda pisses me off that the truck is down another day. However, I want it fixed right since I will be traveling p north to Ontario a few times this summer.
Yeah, been to northern quebec, and parts of ontario for fishing trips with older toyota 4x4 pickups...no place to break down so remote. The bugs alone are bad enough.

Once I retire in a few years, I want to go farther up into Quebec. I currently fish White Lake, Ontario, just west of Ottawa. It's a 450 mile trip from my home in NE Pennsylvania.

Well...
I got the truck back today. Took three days and they had to lift up the cab to acess the back of the engine to replace the plastic cross-over and the o-ring seals Since the trick had 103,000 miles on it, I also had the serpentine drive belt replaced too. Total bill was 1000 bucks. Seems like this is a common problem with 3rd Gen Tacomas?? I found this on youtube (mentioned at 14:20 in this video) :

Once I retire in a few years, I want to go farther up into Quebec. I currently fish White Lake, Ontario, just west of Ottawa. It's a 450 mile trip from my home in NE Pennsylvania.
I've camped out at lac abanel above chibougamu city in quebec for a week a few times fishing for big brook trout, walleyes, and northern pike...it was about a 20 hr road trip back in the day. Also fished further south at many lacs in quebec that were about 14-16 hrs from here in connecticut. Only fishing we did in ontario was on the ottawa river.

Back