crank windows

crank windows WORK until you need to roll down that passenger window and can just not reach it while truck is moving

but something or other seems wrong with the mechanisms after an aftermarket window was put in last fall at the glass shop, emergency and raining that day

these crank window became funky

temps were in the 80s one day this past week and rolling the window up and down the lever mechanism creaked and creaked, must be some sorta plastic mechanism?
then when temps went down to 40s the next day the crank went down and up fluid like butter like i think it should

what is the deal with hotter temps and it feels and sounds like its gonna break the crank handle with the chatter it makes?

You could remove the inner door panel and inspect the mechanism.

My guess is that its full of dirt and crud. Prolly just needs a clean with a bit of dry lube on the moving parts.

the glass shop that put the aftermarket glass in just did all of that taking it all apart again because it was loose and nasty wind noise around a seal, but IDK about any dry lube... they probably didn't do that because it was NOT making this noise when i took it back on a cold day last month

is that stray part above supposed to be inside the window there or not?
nobody answered this yet

Sorry, I don't know about your stray part.

All my windows are button operated. Only crank windows we have are the Anderson casement windows on the house.

Back