CV axle Toyota part number 43430-04020-84

got the full reboot kit in after a long 5+ month wait on nationWide backOrder

Meanwhile. The last 5+ months have allowed all sorts of debris to intrude into the rotating bits. No telling how much damage has been done.

But, I'm glad you got the boots. Be sure to document the replacement procedure you use. I don't mean some UTub video that you try to follow. YOUR process.

The last 5 months I have 2 sets of those nasty NAPA axles, stored the OEM in the trunk over the winter months
First napa set the boots shredded and flung grease again all over within 6k miles
Next napa set I swear there is a nasty vibration wheelin' it at the freeway speeds that was not there before

The last 5 months I have 2 sets of those nasty NAPA axles, stored the OEM in the trunk over the winter months
First napa set the boots shredded and flung grease again all over within 6k miles
Next napa set I swear there is a nasty vibration wheelin' it at the freeway speeds that was not there before
Wasn't it determined that the first set the boots were likely damaged on install???

Wasn't it possible the vibration on the 2nd set was likely caused by the loose brake pads on the front wheel???

Doesn't appear like either was due to the axle.

Seems your assertions are a bit hollow.

The Loose brake pads were on that 2o11 red gen2 taco I have been looking after as best I possibly can

The Loose brake pads were on that 2o11 red gen2 taco I have been looking after as best I possibly can
Your vibrations may be from the U-joints that haven't been replaced since first suspected 1.5+ years ago. IIRC, you had water come out of one.

the watery substance was on the Gen2 i am looking after

on my '97 the only noticeable issue i had with the rearmost uJoint was not taking redtacky grease very well and just spitting it back out at me
it was looked at recently and noted as A0K when it was removed from the 3rd member to drop the prop

Back