D3 performance tuner

Big Orange

Has anyone purchased the D3 performance tuner? Wondering if it's worth it or not and if it corrects the shift issues and throttle lag. I don't like the idea of having someone else tune my truck.

IMHO, you are wasting your time and money.

These are not rice rockets and aren't not geared for speed. Throttle lag can be cured by stepping harder and earlier on the skinny pedal. Shifting issues can be handled by manually moving the AT gear lever to shift when you think its proper.

Good Luck with your decision.

My thoughts exactly! This is my first Toy, and I said the same thing to several people that have complained about the shifting and throttle lag. I have had other tuners for other brands and enjoyed making my own tunes and improving how they ran. I'am surprised at how many years this 3rd gen has been out and no one has a tuner available for home mechanics. I see the OV, KD Max, and the overland tuners are out there but I'll just manually shift down and put my foot down a little quicker on that little pedal !
IMHO, you are wasting your time and money.

These are not rice rockets and aren't not geared for speed. Throttle lag can be cured by stepping harder and earlier on the skinny pedal. Shifting issues can be handled by manually moving the AT gear lever to shift when you think its proper.

Good Luck with your decision.

Back