Dealer rustproofing frames

TacoD

Has anyone had the dealership undercoat their frames as a recall?
I have a 2015 and it’s at the dealership having it done. I’m curious to if there is any type of waiver they want me to sign.
Thx
D

I had it done. No waiver. Was free. Pretty cool. If you have a factory installed trailer hitch, it doesn't get undercoated.

Yeah, my 2013 and 2015 were both in, they're going inside the front boxed-in portion of the frames, but no more. There's a very custom plastic block-off plug installed afterwards on each side where the frame begins being boxed, basically from the cab forward. A few more oval plugs further forward, and that's it. Don't expect a full frame undercoat, since that's not what the service is about. Not here in NH, anyway. I got loaner vehicles both times, since they wanted the trucks for a full day.

Don't expect a full frame undercoat, since that's not what the service is about. Not here in NH, anyway. I got loaner vehicles both times, since they wanted the trucks for a full day.
Nor here in ME. either. Funny you mention a full frame undercoat, I went back to pick up my 2012, reached in the rear wheel well at felt around in the frame, cause their sure wasn't anything on the outside in the wheel well to see. Ended up laying under to see what you describe above. Hardly seems like a whole day job unless they wash the inside some how and needed it to dry.

That's exactly what I was told they would do - pressure wash inside, blow dry to what extent possible, air dry a few hours, camera inspection. The wand they use has four nozzles on it to spray in all directions. It's long enough to reach to the front of the frame from the rear. Fed that tool to the front and retracted whilst spraying. Fine by me, I'll add the black NH Oil Undercoat to it like I do twice a year, and hopefully the truck will last, since I'm kinda fond of it.

I had my 2015 in for this last week - responded to a recall notice from Toyota. I was kind of surprised to see some light rust spots on the frame left just as they are, but uncleEddie's explanation seems right on. I know, I sound like a ditz, but I had a lot going on this past week and didn't really ask a lot of questions. What I worry about is, can I "void" things by treating those other areas. Just a little surface rust, but why not be a little proactive?

I believe Toyota calls it a "warranty extension" not a recall. Whatever it is, my 2011 with 54k has been sitting at the delearship for almost 5 weeks waiting for the frame to be manufactured. Not to worry I have a 2020 tacoma loaner

I believe Toyota calls it a "warranty extension" not a recall. Whatever it is, my 2011 with 54k has been sitting at the delearship for almost 5 weeks waiting for the frame to be manufactured. Not to worry I have a 2020 tacoma loaner
So warranty extension means let the rust go until discovered and then do repairs as needed? Why not try to prevent it before it happens?

mines in today for the CRC frame protection, should have been done yesterday the service dept, said they ran out of spray? got a 3rd gen SR5 Tacoma 2.7l engine loaner for 2 days now was hoping to get a v6 to see what all the negative fuss was about with the trans./engine combo, no surprises with the 4 banger tho, other than it seems to get crappy MPGs based on the dash board mpg readout

I just checked to see if my 2015 had any open recalls. And it shows 0 unfinished recalls. So, I wonder if mine has been done yet.

Back