Differential recall

Chris Ciavola

I took my 2017 Tacoma in for an oil change 3 weeks ago. They noticed the differential was leaking, said there was a Recall and have kept my truck for three weeks now. the reason they are giving is Toyota does not have a remedy to fix the issue.

Anyone else getting this story?

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1497300227.299042.jpg

I just bought my 17 Sport and it has already had the recall fixed. Apparently Toyota has the parts to fix it.

Good luck. Dropped mine off 2 weeks ago. Finally got an update on part delivery and they said by 6/30. My truck will be there well over month.

Took our 2016 Tacoma in for a check on the differential and they kept it! It has been there for almost 6 weeks now!! They just keep saying they have diagnosed the problem but of course no fix for it yet! No estimated time on when they were making the part or shipping the part!!! So much for any camping or vacationing this summer. Toyota is not a favorite of ours at this point!! Just want a darn fix and our truck back before 2, 3, 4 months pass. Not a happy Taco owner at all!

Took our 2016 Tacoma in for a check on the differential and they kept it! It has been there for almost 6 weeks now!! They just keep saying they have diagnosed the problem but of course no fix for it yet! No estimated time on when they were making the part or shipping the part!!! So much for any camping or vacationing this summer. Toyota is not a favorite of ours at this point!! Just want a darn fix and our truck back before 2, 3, 4 months pass. Not a happy Taco owner at all!
Lemon law it and get something new. If you are willing to wait and want to keep it make sure they are giving you another truck to drive in the mean time. So you can camp and do what you plan on doing.
Make sure you are getting your truck payments made. You should get a extended platinum VSA. 8 year 125k miles is the longest they will give you. If they don't, Get an attorney. It's not okay they are holding these trucks hostage and not compensating to keep the customers happy.
Good luck.
Welcome to the forum.

I have a 2WD. Any idea what mileage the leak is showing up. We have 2K on it and no sign of any leak. Checking weekly for signs of leak.

Gropetti still hasn't got the part for the differential. It's been 2 months and a week. They have no idea when it will be shipped!!

Back