Dirty little secret fill for life transmission means life of the warranty

Dont know why manufacturers are so hellbent to prevent tranny service; no fill tubes aka dipsticks, no drain plug and some manufacturers you need a special tool.
If the car or truck dies at a 125k because of a slipping tranny, what are the odds that you'll buy another?

20210217_082805_Film1~2.jpg My '03 tundra v8 had 135 k on it .I never changed it. I see it 2 times a week still driving around the guy still waves to me so he must still be loving it lmao. It's a great truck .

Last edited:
I'm gonna do mine at 30k, haven't decided if I'm gonna use amsoil or indemetso (spelling). I've got amsoil on everything else so leaning that way.

I'm gonna do mine at 30k, haven't decided if I'm gonna use amsoil or indemetso (spelling). I've got amsoil on everything else so leaning that way.
I'd be careful about using other atf's especially amsoil. Been told by a buddy of mine with an older tacoma amsoil really screwed up his transmission's operation to where he had to have it totally flushed and refilled with the toyota oem atf so it'd work normal again.

I'd be careful about using other atf's especially amsoil. Been told by a buddy of mine with an older tacoma amsoil really screwed up his transmission's operation to where he had to have it totally flushed and refilled with the toyota oem atf so it'd work normal again.
I appreciate you're input and will definitely take it under consideration. While I believe that Amsoil makes a top shelf product I also realize that not all their recommendations are in line with manufactures specs.. one specifically on the top of my mind right now is their coolant, maybe if you completely flushed system and installed their coolant you might be ok but as a top off it's not compatible. Thanks for you're input.

I learned a bit more concerning the amsoil atf...amsoil sells multiple types, some imo, not explained well what vehicles they are compatible with. I think thats where a buddy of mine made a mistake using the wrong one. He's now using amalie universal synthetic. Claims its been working really well in his gen3 tacoma.

I learned a bit more concerning the amsoil atf...amsoil sells multiple types, some imo, not explained well what vehicles they are compatible with. I think thats where a buddy of mine made a mistake using the wrong one. He's now using amalie universal synthetic. Claims its been working really well in his gen3 tacoma.
Yeah, you have to read the fine print, their universal fluid is for toyota type I, II, III, and IV, THE LV fluid is the one for WS. It is confuseing because they put them up there side by side.

Back