Factory order Tacoma the way you want it!

RacinRamundo

I've been looking for a 2023 Tacoma SR5 4WD, 3.5L V6 Engine, 6 speed Automatic Transmission, Double Cab, 6ft bed
Exterior Ice Cap
Interior Cement Gray Fabric
with no other installed options!
I get the usual runaround of what the dealer has in stock!

HELP:
does anyone out there know if a person can still order from the factory a pickup the exact way that they want it, without having to tolerate the bs from some second rate salesperson?
Thank you

I've been looking for a 2023 Tacoma SR5 4WD, 3.5L V6 Engine, 6 speed Automatic Transmission, Double Cab, 6ft bed
Exterior Ice Cap

HELP:
does anyone out there know if a person can still order from the factory a pickup the exact way that they want it, without having to tolerate the bs from some second rate salesperson?
Thank you
Yes, you can still special-order a Tacoma exactly the way you want it. Call Mountain States Toyota in Denver and ask for Tim Van Binsbergen. He's the GM and he is awesome. My 2014 and 2020 Tacomas went thru him. Doesn't matter where you live. He will ship it to you or, in the case of my last purchase, I bought a one-way ticket ($79) from DFW International to DIA and drove it 794 miles back to Texas !

Yes, you can still special-order a Tacoma exactly the way you want it. Call Mountain States Toyota in Denver and ask for Tim Van Binsbergen. He's the GM and he is awesome. My 2014 and 2020 Tacomas went thru him. Doesn't matter where you live. He will ship it to you or, in the case of my last purchase, I bought a one-way ticket ($79) from DFW International to DIA and drove it 794 miles back to Texas !
Thanks a bunch!

Exterior Ice Cap

HELP:
Thank you
No, you can't cherry pick your options on these tacomas. I tried to when I had to order mine. There are tech packages you can add, but they include stuff you probably don't want, but have to take them to get that option in there you do want.

No, you can't cherry pick your options on these tacomas. I tried to when I had to order mine. There are tech packages you can add, but they include stuff you probably don't want, but have to take them to get that option in there you do want.
tacojoel is correct. When I special ordered my 2014 Tacoma in Arizona, I wanted everything manuel. They kind of laughed at me then explained the tech packages.

I did all my transactions over the phone, and fax. I nearly ran out of paper when the dealer faxed back me what those tech packages had in them for the 2020 tacoma. Took me some careful thinking before biting the bullet, thats just the way it is. At any rate, 3 years later, I'm very happy with the truck. So far zero issues. I think the dealer went out of their way prepping the truck to make me feel good what I was getting.

I did all my transactions over the phone, and fax. I nearly ran out of paper when the dealer faxed back me what those tech packages had in them for the 2020 tacoma. Took me some careful thinking before biting the bullet, thats just the way it is. At any rate, 3 years later, I'm very happy with the truck. So far zero issues. I think the dealer went out of their way prepping the truck to make me feel good what I was getting.
It's sad that I just want a base SR5 4x4 V6 double cab long bed, and no other options, period! I know they sale to the masses, or try to hit what the majority want!
I appreciate your response! I'm going to give the previous reply by TexasBigBlue a try and see what the General Manager says about my request!
I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet!
Thanks again!

It's sad that I just want a base SR5 4x4 V6 double cab long bed, and no other options, period! I know they sale to the masses, or try to hit what the majority want!
I appreciate your response! I'm going to give the previous reply by TexasBigBlue a try and see what the General Manager says about my request!
I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet!
Thanks again!
I don't see any issue with being able to get a base sr5. Just depends on your interpretation what a base sr5 is.

I don't see any issue with being able to get a base sr5. Just depends on your interpretation what a base sr5 is.
Thanks for your response!
Just as I stated in my original blog, no extra packages! Not that simple! For giggles give it a try at your local Tacoma dealer!

Even the "base" model will be equipped with a load of electronics, nanny driver gadgets and safety features.

Yeah, you should be able to place an order for your truck.

These newer gen3 tacomas all have the nanny bs, and radio crap. No way to get around it. I hate that chit. You're going to get fog lights, and color matching fender flares too. Anything other than the bed itself is an option, or an accessory. They all come with the tow package.
I can personally say having a power sliding rear window, bed lights, and a tonneau cover has been great, not to mention the door sill protectors, and the weather tech type floor mats. Not positive, but I think these sr5's come standard with heated side mirrors, plus a rear camera to. They even have a electronic compass.

Back