First time Taco owner 2023 trd sport

Hi all, just want to say hello to the forum. Happy owner two days in.

Attachments

• BE2EB3A9-FE99-4AFA-AA40-76902D0EC587.jpeg
    BE2EB3A9-FE99-4AFA-AA40-76902D0EC587.jpeg
    859.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 761DD196-EAA0-49F5-AFEA-07AF0317334F.jpeg
    761DD196-EAA0-49F5-AFEA-07AF0317334F.jpeg
    792.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 694337BA-998B-4EF1-A88E-7EC63A62CAF2.jpeg
    694337BA-998B-4EF1-A88E-7EC63A62CAF2.jpeg
    669.6 KB · Views: 10
Quick question, is there a way to disable the engine shut down after remotely starting it?
I know it’s a security thing but you shouldn’t have to restart the truck when you get in.

Quick question, is there a way to disable the engine shut down after remotely starting it?
I know it’s a security thing but you shouldn’t have to restart the truck when you get in.
Probably not. I suspect it is written into the controlling algorithms inside the MCU.

FWIW, Starting your truck to let it idle to warm up is not a sound idea. In truth, the truck will warm up quicker if it is driven. Plus you'll be saving fuel.

Start the cold truck, buckle seat belt, drive away with an easy throttle for a couple miles. it only needs to idle long enough for the oil be circulate.

Thanks, I don’t usually do this but we got a dump of snow and I wanted to test it. I work less than 1km from home so I like to warm it up just a bit.

Thanks, I don’t usually do this but we got a dump of snow and I wanted to test it. I work less than 1km from home so I like to warm it up just a bit.
Still, dont let it sit there to idle. The truck doesn't care about snow.

Once or twice a week take it for 20 km or so drive. Allow the engine to reach operating temperature to drive off moisture from combustion or condensation. The trip will put a charge onto the battery and warm the drive train. Once a month drive about 20 km in 4H. This will work the xfer case and the front wheel drive portion.

Please spend some time to review the Owner's Manual while sitting in the truck. Twiddle and fiddle with all the knobs and nanny gadgets. This will get you familiar with all the functions. Especially, learn how the 4WD system operates.

If I lived that close to work.....I'd spend the 10 minutes to walk and not burn fuel. Shoot, probably takes that much time to drive to work.

Last edited:
Its the old deal of ''if you can't baffle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bs''. I use to get really pissed off with the nanny bs they now have in these trucks till figuring how to turn them off, or at least desensitized it. I'd wish toyota would of just offered a simplified version of this truck to us older guys that want it that way.

All the nanny stuff is to aid the distracted driver and leading to self-driving vehicles.

The self-drive scares the living stuff out of me.

Consider. Commercial airlines use very advanced systems to handle the plane and ease the work load on the pilots. Many planes suffer catastrophic unscheduled landings due to failures between Tech and Human. There are 2 philosophies to the tech. Boeing believes the Human should have final control over the tech and the tech is there to help. Airbuss believes the Tech should have final control and the human is there to help.

The fastest computer in the world can not problem solve and adapt quicker than the human brain.

I do agree with some of the tech in cars such as: Lane management, Blind Spot warnings, Fatigued driver alert., ABS, and a few others.

I believe self-driving will only encourage poor driving with a sharp increase in distracted drivers. Looking forward to increased car insurance rates when self-drive becomes the norm.

Hi all, just want to say hello to the forum. Happy owner two days in.
Congratulations. That is beautiful! I currently own a 2019 Sport and thinking about ordering a 2023. Bought mine new and I love it. I too have the remote starter along with the phone app. I hate that it shuts off as soon as you open the door but It is what it is. I understand it's a "Toyota" thing. I personally see nothing wrong with warming your truck up. I do myself but only when it's maybe colder than 20 degrees out. I'm fortunate to park in a garage so leaving for work is not an issue but if it's that cold when I'm leaving work, I'm heating it up for 5 minutes. I can't see where it does any harm. Before remote starters, I've always sat in my car for a few minutes before driving off. I think that's way better than stepping on the gas upon ignition. I'm not a mechanic so I can't really say if it's harmful to let your vehicle sit idle.

Awesome! I love my new truck was just out bombing around in the snow. I’ve read different opinions about remote starting and I figure if Toyota puts them in they’re fine to use now and again. I had to buy the long box for my needs and I’m 2” too long to fit in my garage. Effen builders! Like really??

Awesome! I love my new truck was just out bombing around in the snow. I’ve read different opinions about remote starting and I figure if Toyota puts them in they’re fine to use now and again. I had to buy the long box for my needs and I’m 2” too long to fit in my garage. Effen builders! Like really??
I am fortunate to have enough room to walk around my truck completely while parked in the garage. Another note on the warming your vehicle up. We sit countless times idling at red lights so I can't see why warming your vehicle up would be any different. And that you would only do once or twice a day. We are all stuck at lights several times a day, all year long!

Yes, we get stuck at lights. The difference is the engine is warm by then.

Unfortunately, moisture is a product of combustion. When the engine is cold, the moisture will be collected by the oil or inside the exhaust system.......

Your choice, your truck.

Back