Former Smokers Truck

Wipe everything down and spray odoban all over the fabric. I had to do the something. I even pulled the seatbelts out and sprayed them. That way they would retract and be sprayed and sitting rolled up with the odoban on all of it. I also ran McGuires air spray. It’s the one that you sit in the back floorboard and run the a/c on high with the recirculating setting on for 15 mins. It’s says to then open the windows. I left mine closed to let it just soak in. Good luck!

I had a WRX that was a smokers. Dropped one of the odor bombs immediately. Replaced the cabin filter. Then used a friends industrial carpet cleaning van to clean the carpets and seats. I could still smell it. I ended up removed all the seats, dropped another odor killing bomb and then wiped everything down. The smell was under the seats and on the frames and carpet. Finally got the smell to go away for the most part. On a hot day if the car was sitting you could still catch a smell when you first got in. I ended up selling it. That and pet smell is hard to get rid of. I’ll never buy another vehicle that has been smoked in.
Good luck.

I used our Dyson with its HEPA filter and vacuumed it completely then put a K&N filter in. Have the car bomb too, but holding off until I have time to really do that. Vacuuming and the filter made a big difference already. I even vacuumed the ceilings [emoji23]. It’ll probably never be all gone but I’ll certainly try!

You can stop by your local dealer to have their recon department hook your truck up to the ozone machine. Takes a while but it’s pretty effective. Definitely get some carpet scrub to get into the seats, headliner and door cards.

Back