From Michigan

iltwort

Hi all,

New here. Was just reading the gas mileage threads as the lack of it annoys me to no end. Came from a Subaru WRX, which I'm splitting time with while it's warm. Love my Tacoma though. '21 Magnetic gray, MT OR.

Hope to meet some enthusiasts IRL, and/or do some mild trail driving. I notice the Toyota community isn't like the Subaru community. I'm used to waving at everyone in a WRX, and getting waves back, honks, down-shifts, e-flashers, frontal chest nudity from female passengers. Not so much as a nod with Tacoma guys, lol. Well, actually there was one fella: I was heading east on 59 and fella had a well lifted red 3rd gen with a little heritage badge on the grill. I was turning on Elizabeth and slowed to watch him pass. He gave me honk as he noticed my interest.

I'm here by chance mostly, though not without appropriate enthusiasm. I started at the "other" tacoma forum, and while it seemed cool, I ran into a less than considerate admin. There was a news item that gas was going to be moved to 15% ethanol. So I posted a question asking what everyone thought and if it's overall detrimental to the Tacoma engine. I also included the link to the article and a snippet.

Surprisingly I got banned, even though my link and quote from the article was well within the standard copyright usages employed and enforced as standard in this country. I've been using the internet for quite some time, so I understand copyright rules when applied to forum postings. Also, nothing in their terms prohibited anything in my post. I'll take my lumps, but admin gave the happy "Bye OP, it was nice knowing you!", with a cute waving guy, like he was out to get me. This might have been my 5th post or so, so no time to develop animosity with anyone. That sort of treatment is not worth my time. Hopefully this group is better. Never felt so rotten from an internet community as I did from the incident at the "other" forum.

I've been to Michigan in the taco a few times, mostly in the U.P. by that big lake up north there
Not too terrible of a drive from western Iowa
Even went to Gay Michigan and took some really cool taco pics!
And that other place you mention was not very amused for some reason

I've been to Michigan in the taco a few times, mostly in the U.P. by that big lake up north there
Not too terrible of a drive from western Iowa
Even went to Gay Michigan and took some really cool taco pics!
And that other place you mention was not very amused for some reason

From Iowa? That's funny; I'm going from Detroit area to the UP in a few weeks, and it's like the same distance, lol. Iowa seems so far away in my head as opposed to looking at a map.

Are you taking that ferry over the lake to Wisconsin?
I heard it's a 3 or 4hr adventure looking at the lake water LOL.

Back