FS: 2001 Toyota Tacoma 4WD SR5 Extra Cab (SF Bay Area, CA)

kurtgross

SOLD
$13,000
IMG_2774.jpg
This 2001 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Extra Cab 4×4 pickup has been registered in California since new. Black Sand Pearl paint (209) with original “Oak” cloth upholstery (FB45). Powered by a 3.4-liter V6 5VZ-FE engine linked with a five-speed manual transmission and a dual-range transfer case, the truck is equipped with 15″ aluminum wheels, spare tire, a Leer camper shell with matching paint, a bedliner, a receiver and tow hitch, air conditioning, cruise control, original CD stereo. Work during current ownership included replacing the timing belt, water pump, valve cover gasket, upper and lower radiator hoses, spark plugs, and upgrading headlights. This Tacoma has 235K miles and is offered with manufacturer’s literature, a clean Carfax report, and a clean California title in the seller’s name.
IMG_2776.jpg
The extended-cab body is refinished in Black Sand Pearl (209) and features a matching camper shell, a bed liner, mud flaps, a sliding rear window, and chrome bumpers. Nicks and dings commensurate with its age, minor scratches on the hood and door, small dent in front bumper, stone break in windshield, and light staining of floor mats are noted.
IMG_2779.jpg
Original 15″ aluminum wheels are mounted with Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires (2019) with 12/32" tread depth remaining all around. Braking is handled by power-assisted front discs and rear drums. The truck is equipped with power steering.
IMG_3159.jpg
The cabin features original Oak (FB45) cloth upholstery on the seats along with a color-coordinated dash, center console, door panel inserts, and carpets. It is a mocha-like brown. Amenities include Deluxe trim package, power windows, power mirrors, power locks, locking glove box, a Toyota-branded CD stereo, cruise control, air conditioning, and a heater. Stereo recently stopped turning on but I have not troubleshot it beyond checking fuses.
IMG_2771.jpg
Several plastic trim panels were replaced with new OEM components when the original parts cracked. Worn out cup holder foam tabs were replaced. A lock was added to the driver side rear cabin storage hatch. RG8X coaxial wiring for a HAM radio antenna is run in wire loom to the cabin from a Rago Fabrication antenna mount at the tailgate. Mix 31 ferrite bead choke is installed on the wiring near to the antenna mount.
IMG_3168.jpg
The four-spoke steering wheel frames a 110-mph speedometer and a tachometer with a 5,500-rpm redline as well as gauges for coolant temperature and fuel level. The digital odometer indicates 235K miles.
IMG_3115.jpg
The 3.4-liter V6 5VZ-FE engine was factory rated at 190 horsepower and 220 lb-ft of torque. Fluids service was performed in December 2022 and the timing belt, water pump, valve cover gasket, upper and lower radiator hoses were replaced in 2016. Latest multipoint inspection performed by Magnussen Toyota in December 2022 found the only issue was the battery. Battery replaced in January 2023.
IMG_3176.jpg
Included with the truck are tire chains, a pair of new OEM disc brakes, OEM bottle jack, Haynes manual, case of motor oil, a painted custom steel storage box in the bed, and various spare parts.
2302562B-9668-4280-BC9D-DE890F61CDC6.jpeg
8707E3B6-C23C-4EFE-964F-9FDCA8068FED.jpeg
Serious buyers only, contact 415.309.6293.
San Francisco Bay Area, California
More images and details available upon request.

Last edited:
Whoops....nice clean rust free truck though. Chassis appears very similar looking to my 2001 tundra with that fuel filter.

Last edited:
@JayQQ97, thanks for pointing out the missing bolt. I will get that replaced today!
Also I would suggest whilst underneath there to get some shop towels and wd40 and handwipe every bit of the frame and anything else you can to make it all nice and blackish and take new pics. That's a big selling point on these old trucks I've read and you'll find a buyer that much sooner :)

2001 Tacoma SR5 extended cab with 235,000 for $13,000. Maybe in California but you would never get that much for an 01 in Texas.

@kurtgross "The cabin features original tan cloth upholstery on the seats along with a color-coordinated dash, center console, door panel inserts, and carpets."

The pictures of the interior look grey to me. Are the camera colors off?? Sumtin' don look right........

Heck, if you look on carvarna, there's pages of gen3 tacomas to choose from. A couple years back a caravan lady pulled in my driveway, and wanted to know if I was to sell my truck. She gave me her card.

@24-7 the wheels are aluminum. I pulled bad info from a wrong spec sheet.

@Rock62 the upholstery, carpet, and interior plastic trim are more brown than grey (think mocha). Toyota calls this color scheme Oak and the C/TR code on the door jamb sticker is 209/FB45. The tinted glass and shadows are likely why the photos are not correctly white balanced. I’m shooting with a phone camera.

Last edited:
@kurtgross "The cabin features original tan cloth upholstery on the seats along with a color-coordinated dash, center console, door panel inserts, and carpets."

The pictures of the interior look grey to me. Are the camera colors off?? Sumtin' don look right........
They are a grey imo, same as my 2001 tundra.

@kurtgross
are there any records of the 3 oil seals (2 cams, 1 crank) being changed when timing belt & water pump maintenanced in '16

@JayQQ97 the timing belt, water pump, valve cover gasket and upper and lower radiator hoses were replaced in 2016. Cam and crank seals were not replaced. Toyota said they were not leaking and did not need to be replaced.

Clutch was not maintenanced, to my knowledge. I replaced the missing crossmember bolt and nut with OEM parts and re-torqued all four bolts to 72 N-m per TR-3 of the Factory Service Manual.

Back