Fuel Injector 1GR-FE

Rock62

I'm over 125 kmiles. To my knowledge fuel injectors should be serviced around 100 kmiles.

Entertaining thoughts about replacing these. Considering doing all 6 in one effort.

Does anyone have experience with Beck Arnley brand injectors???

I'd prefer Aisin or Denso.....but these put too much strain on the budget. Not in favor of reman parts, especially on a part so critical to performance.

i have yet to read of any sketch with this place that can clean and rebuild what you have with new rings and filters for not much more than 100$ and a few day turnaround

or do you consider this to be reman parts?

Last edited:
I recently looked where we'd send the fuel injectors out for cleaning on our snowmobiles...it was injector rx in Texas. They were very reasonable.

Based on my research. Any fuel injector needs service. Some at 30,000 miles others at 100,000 miles. My fuel economy has been falling off which could be a sign of compromised injectors. This coupled with the mileage (125,xxx) seems to be a prudent task for me to undertake.

Sure, I could dump a can of miracle cure into the tank to "clean" the injectors. Although, canned miracles are temporary cures.

The big downside of sending to a service shop is the downtime for the truck. The engine and fuel delivery system remain open during the time for the service. I figure the quickest turn would be 3-5 days.

I can purchase new injectors for $55/ea, which is less expensive than $100/ea for a shop to clean. My labor to disassemble/assemble is the same with new or cleaned injectors.

So, back to the original question.

Does anyone have experience with Beck Arnley brand injectors???

Fuel injectors in my 4.7 tundra were never cleaned or replaced in the 300k miles I owned it. Truck always ran well. Age caught up with the rest of it.
When you have a 2 stroke, a clogged fuel injector is death to that cylinder. It'll run too lean, and burn a piston.

some have researched that Top-Tier fuel is all ya need, those things like chevRon TechRon dumped in the tank is just snakeyoil but i really don't have a clue

have not heard anything regarding Beck Arnley products

the rebuilt injectors are about 25$ each NOT 100$ each

330$ is not less than 125$
there is probably some type of plastic or rubber cap out there to plug the lines while waiting?

what are ya thots on the dealer cleaning service(s) with the special equipment that runs abit north of 200$ last time i checked

Thanks guys. Interesting thoughts. I will need to think about this for a while. I don't have an immediate need for this work.

Looks like more research and a discussion with a Toyota Certified mechanic. Perhaps, I could pull the injectors, have the local dealer clean, then reinstall myself........................... maybe cut the down time to 1-2 days.

FWIW, reman injectors start around $40/ea. More than fuel lines would need to be capped off. The entire intake system is removed.

Based on everything I've read, this 1GR-FE is a reliable, long lived engine with just basic and preventative maintenance. I have a desire to keep this running well for many more miles and years. So, I don't mind spending $$ for service, but I want the $$ spend to give me the most possible. I focus on value.

some have researched that Top-Tier fuel is all ya need, those things like chevRon TechRon dumped in the tank is just snakeyoil but i really don't have a clue

have not heard anything regarding Beck Arnley products

the rebuilt injectors are about 25$ each NOT 100$ each

330$ is not less than 125$
there is probably some type of plastic or rubber cap out there to plug the lines while waiting?

what are ya thots on the dealer cleaning service(s) with the special equipment that runs abit north of 200$ last time i checked
Every 60k miles I ran a can of seafoam straight into the vacuum line off the power brake booster on the tundra. While it was sipping on this stuff, the truck would smoke like a bomb went off. Usually the engine check light would come on when it drank enough (about 10 oz.). You could notice how much smoother the truck idled after. It usually took a good trip through town to finally see the truck stop smoking.

I just now dumped a full bottle of techRon cleaner into a near-empty taco tank and juiced up 10 gallons of BP 87 octane at 284c per gallon

It's recommended treatment every 3k miles but who follows that!?

That oughta get the truck to over 300k miles soon approaching the milestone

I dumped a bottle of that Techron fuel cleaner in my tractor when it had a semi clogged fuel system. It did nothing. Later I put a full can of seafoam in the fuel tank. That tractor started smoking like hell...was good bug control, but at least it helped. I later dumped enough mechanic in a bottle in the fuel tank to treat a 55 gallon barrel of fuel. It cleaned up that fuel system better than new. Only issue was a very stinky exhaust smell.

The follow up. Stopped at Toyota to speak with the Shop Manager. 100 kmiles is a service interval for these injectors, but they hold until a problem begins to manifest with DTC or customer complaint.

In a nutshell, they do not clean injectors. Too much bay time and labor involved. It is more cost and time effective to replace the injectors. So, I'll abandon the "cleaning" and just look to an affordable replacement. The Toyota OEM are $194/ea.....eeeegadds.....thats nearly $1200 + tax. Ummm.....no.

So, when the time comes, it will be aftermarket (around $55/ea) and I'll be the mechanic. I figure if the aftermarket perform for 50 kmiles.....I can replace them again and still have coin in my pocket. I'll hold off for a while, its not an immediate concern.

I'm not a big fan of the miracle mechanic in a bottle. Perhaps with a new vehicle and regular use......the canned mechanic could probably keep things clear. My fuel system is 17 yo, I'm skeptical of the schmutz that could break loose and really foul things up.

I'm one of those guys when it comes to that kind of stuff...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Agreed.

Although, I am seeing a gradual fall off in fuel efficiency. Injectors are typical cause coupled with 125 kmiles. I have eliminated other possibles. Anyhow, I'll sit tight until a problem surfaces or the fuel consumption becomes excessive.

I know my solution path and the cost.

Back