Fuel Pump Fixed Today

WooD

WooD
Got a call from the service department telling me to bring my truck in for the replacement fuel pump.

I still had the 2020 4Runner they loaned me, so I drove my truck to the dealership and waited around 15 minutes for the shuttle driver to take me back home.

Soon as I got home...didn't even make it from the garage to the house the service dude called and said It was fixed and I could pick it up anytime. Drove up and swapped out the 4Runner for my truck.

Couldn't have taken much over an hour, and I had over 3/4 tank of gas in the truck. Must be an esay replacement. He said the 4Runners were the worst to fix.

Great to hear! Musta been a kwik fix!

It was. As I was walking out to wait for the shuttle driver, the service dude came out and said the tech said it would be just a little bit and I could wait.

Asked him about how to bring the 4Runner back, and he said he forgot about that.

I asked him how they did it so fast. He said the Tacoma's were easy. They used a lift to put under the gas tank and lowered it enough to replace the pump, I've never got under there to see where the pump is located. but it must be somewhere so they didn't have to drain 3/4 of a tank of gas out.

The gas gauge, showed the exact amount of gas it had when I took it in. I took a pic of it right when I pulled into their lot.

It was. As I was walking out to wait for the shuttle driver, the service dude came out and said the tech said it would be just a little bit and I could wait.

Asked him about how to bring the 4Runner back, and he said he forgot about that.

I asked him how they did it so fast. He said the Tacoma's were easy. They used a lift to put under the gas tank and lowered it enough to replace the pump, I've never got under there to see where the pump is located. but it must be somewhere so they didn't have to drain 3/4 of a tank of gas out.

The gas gauge, showed the exact amount of gas it had when I took it in. I took a pic of it right when I pulled into their lot.
Glad they got 'er fixed for ya! Forgot about the 4-Runner?.....LOL

Lol. I wud have!
Three weeks later,
phone: ring ring

Mr Man: Hello!

Dealer: Yes Mr Man we were wondering if you still had our 4runner. We just noticed it was not returned and our records show you were the last one we loaned it to.

Mr Man: I was wondering when you were going to come get it. It’s here waiting for you.

He could have kept it...

See how long it took them to figure it out :D

When I first got the 4Runner I thought it would be hard to not end up buying it. Sure was a pretty midnight blue color instead of some of the weird colors they offer now.

Never owned a car with leather, which I found out wasn't a good thing for Florida. I'd never use the heated seats either.

All the steering wheel controls were exactly like my 2018 Tacoma which was good on a road trip while driving at night. It had some kinda Apple stuff in the stereo, but I just used the thumb drive I keep in my truck.

It must be geared different than my truck. At 80 MPH my truck is running at 2,000 RPM, the 4Runner was around 22 to 2,300 RPM. Trip was 900 miles one way. In my truck I make 2 gas stops, had to make 3 in the 4Runner, and it holds 3 more gallons of gas than my truck.

I got my notice this past week that parts are available, im gonna give it a couple of weeks before I call to get mine in, hopefully they'll know by then exactly what they are doing instead of using mine as a learning experience.

My my understanding from what my rep told me was just a hardware swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It must be geared different than my truck. At 80 MPH my truck is running at 2,000 RPM, the 4Runner was around 22 to 2,300 RPM. Trip was 900 miles one way. In my truck I make 2 gas stops, had to make 3 in the 4Runner, and it holds 3 more gallons of gas than my truck.

Not just gears but engine and transmission too. The T4R has a completely different drivetrain from a Tacoma.

My my understanding from what my rep told me was just a hardware swap

From what my notice says it's strictly a fuel pump replacement. However if there are any outstanding TSB's they might take it upon themselves to do that at the same time.

Finally got my notice. I’m having mine replaced on Tuesday so I will report back if I notice any differences.

Back