Gear Shift Console Light Bulb

mo17

The shifting gear box console on my 2015 Tacoma keeps going out. Sometimes I bang the side of the gear box and the light will come on. Does any one know how I can remove the cover to get to the bulb? I don't see any screws, bolts, or clips that hold it in place. I appreciate any information anyone can provide.

Mo17
Lubbock Tx

Sounds like eratic switch contacts, or just bad connections. Idk, if they have this stuff as part of a pc board, but I've seen similar happenings as such when they have cold solder joints on those pc boards that come from other manufactures.
As far as any disassembly, I'm not able to help on a gen2....never owned a tacoma till 2020.

There are U-tubes for disassembly. Get a set of plastic panel tools. They are great assistance to release the hidden clips and not scratch the panels.

Trust and be patient. You will need to remove multiple panels. There is a specific sequence.

BTW, percussive maintenance is not a good repair solution.

Sounds like eratic switch contacts, or just bad connections. Idk, if they have this stuff as part of a pc board, but I've seen similar happenings as such when they have cold solder joints on those pc boards that come from other manufactures.
As far as any disassembly, I'm not able to help on a gen2....never owned a tacoma till 2020.
I found a video on You Tube and now know how to replace bulb. Thanks and appreciate your reply. 2020 Tacoma is actually my plan for my next truck.

There are U-tubes for disassembly. Get a set of plastic panel tools. They are great assistance to release the hidden clips and not scratch the panels.

Trust and be patient. You will need to remove multiple panels. There is a specific sequence.

BTW, percussive maintenance is not a good repair solution.
Yes I found that you tube video and now know what to do. I appreciate and thanks for your reply.

Back