Hard top bed covers?

Bryan Naudin

Hey all, looking to put a hard to bed cover on my bed. Anybody have any recommendations on good ones or brands to avoid? Want something that can be somewhat easily removed for days I go fishing and need to put rods through the back window

tacojoel

The factory tonneau cover works fine on my access cab's 6' bed. I've got a rod holder thats takes 5 of my 6-7' fishing rods. They fit under tonneau cover a bit tight, but i've never had a problem.

tacojoel

Mine is the toyota cover and it does not leak. Yeah, its a heavy one, but you can place a lot of weight on top of the cover. I think you can even stand on it. Imo, any cover that leaks is either manufactured defective, or improperly installed.

24-7

My Toyota one was installed by Toyota and almost all the rubber in the hinging areas is gone so yeah it LEAKS.

tacojoel

My Toyota one was installed by Toyota and almost all the rubber in the hinging areas is gone so yeah it LEAKS.
Something doesn't sound right. When i ordered my truck in jan of 2020, i ordered it with the cover. Dealer supplied me with a bottle of wolfsteins tonneau protectant which i've used and bought more of it. So far after 2 1/2 years, the cover still appears like new. I've folded those tri sections a number of times since and even removed the cover a few times to carry larger items. Never once has it leaked.
Sounds more like yours was never taken care of, or installed correctly.

24-7

Something doesn't sound right. When i ordered my truck in jan of 2020, i ordered it with the cover. Dealer supplied me with a bottle of wolfsteins tonneau protectant which i've used and bought more of it. So far after 2 1/2 years, the cover still appears like new. I've folded those tri sections a number of times since and even removed the cover a few times to carry larger items. Never once has it leaked.
Sounds more like yours was never taken care of, or installed correctly.

Mine is 4 years older than yours. I was never given any products or instructions with mine from Toyota.

tacojoel

Mine is 4 years older than yours. I was never given any products or instructions with mine from Toyota.
Idk, if dealers are obligated to supply a cover protectant, or not, but mine did, and went over how to remove it, and care for it. This dealership has a plaque in their waiting room that displays the toyota's presidents award. They've got it just about every year for the last 20.

Cape taco

ARE IS my choice I've had them on past 3 trucks got this one on Craigslist for 400 bucks 1600 new 20210910_064926~2.jpg
I was going to paint it but the silver goes nice with my wheels ! And it locks as well as tailgate so stuff stays in the trunk.