Heated seat potential fire hazard

tacomalimited

2018 dcsb mgm limited 4x4
I'm a little disappointed, and a little less confident about Toyota after reading about the potential fire risk in my heated seats.It seems Toyota is fixing the problem on all the vehicles that weren't sold yet, but the ones that are already sold, can go scratch,no recall!!!! I bought my Toyota mainly for their reputation for quality, guess I made a mistake!!! Anyone else nervous about catching fire while they drive? http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/heated-seat-fire-risk-toyota-issue-stop-sale-order-article-1.1596794

Toyota is following the American way. Skimp on quality to line your pockets with more money.

But if you are really worried you should just sell.

Last edited:
Why would I pay extra for something, then not use it? How 'bout Toyota fixes there f$&k up! Everyone says Toyota stands behind their product, so far, that doesn't seem to be true! What's right is right,if you messed up, fix it without being forced to fix it!

Have you researched about what causes the "potential" fire hazard? It may just be a fire hazard when the seats are left on for too long with contact to other sensors or materials in the seat. Don't get worked up just yet, it may not pertain to certain users.

For example, my wife's camery has heated seats and she uses them 24/7, she is ALWAYS cold. This means the heating element is always on. When I drive her car I can't leave the seat on, my ass gets too sweaty! So if you only use it to warm up the buns to get comfy, turn it off and the seat will stay warm.

Have you researched about what causes the "potential" fire hazard? It may just be a fire hazard when the seats are left on for too long with contact to other sensors or materials in the seat. Don't get worked up just yet, it may not pertain to certain users.

For example, my wife's camery has heated seats and she uses them 24/7, she is ALWAYS cold. This means the heating element is always on. When I drive her car I can't leave the seat on, my ass gets too sweaty! So if you only use it to warm up the buns to get comfy, turn it off and the seat will stay warm.

I know, I'm not going to go crazy worrying about it,but,it disappoints me to think that there may be a potential problem, one of the reasons I bought a Toyota over another brand, was all the talk of Toyota reliability and dependability,I chose Toyota so I could have peace of mind, now this!

I know, I'm not going to go crazy worrying about it,but,it disappoints me to think that there may be a potential problem, one of the reasons I bought a Toyota over another brand, was all the talk of Toyota reliability and dependability,I chose Toyota so I could have peace of mind, now this!

Well let me put it this way: Toyota has rock solid reliability and while this mm sun be a problem just look at GM they have recalled 300,000 Chevy trucks for engine problems.

Well let me put it this way: Toyota has rock solid reliability and while this mm sun be a problem just look at GM they have recalled 300,000 Chevy trucks for engine problems.

True.They all have their problems I guess I just expected more from Toyota, since they are supposed to have unmatched reliabilty.

Back