Heavy Lean with New Rear Shocks

Desertdogs

2017 DBL Cab TRD Off Road - not lifted

New Rear Bilsteins BS-4600 (24-265973) installed. I now have a 2 1/2” (2.5”) lean on driver’s side. Truck is stockish, and only had the 1/2” typical “Taco Lean” before.

Searched forums, nothing for solving this.

Don’t understand why it’s so pronounced now. Sitting on a level flat concrete pad, haven’t driven it since putting shocks on today. No lean in front.

HELP!!

I never understood any of this leaning complaints with these gen3 tacoma's. I've seen many here along with mine that came from the manufacture perfectly level. I could see it, if some guys want to mess them up by doing suspension mods.

Shocks do not support the weight of the truck. The springs support the weight. Shocks only control the compression and rebound rate.

Suggest to remove the shocks. See if the truck levels. If it does not, then the trouble is in the springs. If it does level, make sure the shocks extend evenly. Also check the leaf spring shackles for free movement.

I can't say for heavier trucks as a tacoma, but gas filled shocks will play a small part on the height level the suspension has. They increase the suspension on my sled nearly an inch opposed to a set of regular shocks.

Back