Hello from the pnw

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gunslinger_006, May 3, 2021.

1. Hello

Finally made a years long dream a reality and bought a 2018 taco w 4wd and crawl control.

My dad had a taco and i was crushed when i wasnt able to buy it after he passed, so this is essentially the same truck but newer.

Any big issues to watch out for? I admit that i didn’t do a ton of homework on this specific generation because they have been generally considered solid for so long (except for the frame rust issues from the early oughts).

Tried to upload a pic via imgur but i am not allowed links yet.

Anyway if you read this far, holler at me. Just trying to see how active this forum is.

OR17TRD, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    gunslinger_006

gunslinger_006 Member

Fwiw i also ride a Yamaha Super Tenere and i am an avid adventure motorcycle enthusiast.

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  4. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Congrats on the '18 and welcome to the forum!

5. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the family Gunslinger!

B-Man likes this.
  6. OP
    gunslinger_006

gunslinger_006 Member

Thanks all!

I have to replace one of the g056 geolanders because of a sidewall bulge that I missed when i did the pre purchase inspection but these tires are not too bad for truck tires so the local les schwab can get it mounted for just a hair over $200. It’s practically new but i dont have the warranty info. Oh well.

7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

8. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum great info and members here we have some fun too!

9. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Still - that's $200 you could have put towards some mods. :D

Cape taco and B-Man like this.