Hey guys I'm interested used Toyota Tacoma 2021 with a salvage Title!!

Hello everyone,

I am in the market for a used car and I came across a 2021 Toyota Tacoma with a V6, 3.5L engine. However, the car has a Salvage title. I am seeking advice from the members of this forum on whether I should proceed with the purchase or not.

I am aware that a Salvage title usually indicates that the car has been in a severe accident or has sustained significant damage and has been declared a total loss by an insurance company. However, I would like to know the extent of the damage and if it is worth the purchase.

I would appreciate it if anyone with experience and knowledge in this matter could provide their insights and advice. Thank you for your time and assistance.

UPDATE

Thanks for all your helpful suggestions, I'm really interested in this car so I decided to check the vehicle history report before proceeding any further as @PaulS suggests. I decide to run a Vehicle History Check from Detailed Vehicle History, their customer service is on point! (If you don't wanna spend $40 for the carfax). I found them while searching for a cheap alternative to CarFax. I also got the accident record and auction photos for this vehicle, So I found the damaged picture in the report the damage seems really serious. So I don’t think buying this one is a good idea.

Here is the report https://detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/3TYAZ5CN8MT004822

Here are some auction photos I found in the report!

Attachments

• 00O0O_dTrOMyv0Y4Rz_0CI0i5_1200x900.jpg
    00O0O_dTrOMyv0Y4Rz_0CI0i5_1200x900.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 00e0e_hNYh3WJ6RPcz_0CI0i5_1200x900.jpg
    00e0e_hNYh3WJ6RPcz_0CI0i5_1200x900.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 01313_31MAVQSxoAmz_0CI0i5_1200x900.jpg
    01313_31MAVQSxoAmz_0CI0i5_1200x900.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 10
  • img-0-6.jpg
    img-0-6.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 6
  • img-0-4.jpg
    img-0-4.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 7
  • img-0-1.jpg
    img-0-1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Suggest contacting the seller to ask.

A flooded vehicle frequently has a Salvage Title.

Strongly urge you to pay a mechanic to do a thorough inspection of the vehicle BEFORE you make an offer. Following the inspection have the mechanic detail the issues in written form.

If you decide to purchase, suggest offering no more than the "Poor Condition" price in KBB or NADA.

Get a full inspection. Before buying a vehicle with a salvage title, make sure to have it inspected by a mechanic you trust—don’t just rely on the owner’s description of the vehicle’s current condition. This way, you’ll know what sort of damage you might be dealing with if you purchase the truck.
Check the car’s history. Double-check what led to the vehicle being assigned a salvage title. You can visit the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) to get a vehicle history report from one of its data providers. Also, be sure to ask the seller for receipts and estimates for the repairs, or contact the body shop that performed the work.
See when the salvage title was issued. A vehicle that received a salvage title years ago but that has been dependably driven in the time since is generally a more certain bet compared to a vehicle that was damaged more recently.
Consider your financing options. Lenders typically see cars with salvage titles as very risky investments, which could make it difficult to get a loan for this kind of vehicle.
I would also check with your insurance company BEFORE you buy it. I don't think they will put full coverage on a salvage title if that maters to you.

Finally, good luck.

Suggest contacting the seller to ask.

A flooded vehicle frequently has a Salvage Title.

Strongly urge you to pay a mechanic to do a thorough inspection of the vehicle BEFORE you make an offer. Following the inspection have the mechanic detail the issues in written form.

If you decide to purchase, suggest offering no more than the "Poor Condition" price in KBB or NADA.
That's a great suggestion here. I have contacted a Mechanic and he is currently running checks. I will update you guys soonest on other things i have done

Get a full inspection. Before buying a vehicle with a salvage title, make sure to have it inspected by a mechanic you trust—don’t just rely on the owner’s description of the vehicle’s current condition. This way, you’ll know what sort of damage you might be dealing with if you purchase the truck.
Check the car’s history. Double-check what led to the vehicle being assigned a salvage title. You can visit the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) to get a vehicle history report from one of its data providers. Also, be sure to ask the seller for receipts and estimates for the repairs, or contact the body shop that performed the work.
See when the salvage title was issued. A vehicle that received a salvage title years ago but that has been dependably driven in the time since is generally a more certain bet compared to a vehicle that was damaged more recently.
Consider your financing options. Lenders typically see cars with salvage titles as very risky investments, which could make it difficult to get a loan for this kind of vehicle.
I would also check with your insurance company BEFORE you buy it. I don't think they will put full coverage on a salvage title if that maters to you.

Finally, good luck.
Sure I will really have to get a Vehicle History Report, i will let you know what i found about the vehicle. Thanks a lot guys

Look up under the dash for rust ! My friend bought a Denali suv and had all kinds of electrical issues when we looked into its past it was a flood truck. He got it from a little roadside dealer that had about 20 cars. He brought it back but since it had just over 125 k on it the guy said tough patutties don't have to warranty a vehicle after 30 days in Massachusetts if its got over 125 k on it. He was SOL!!!

Typically, used vehicles are sold on an "AS IS" basis. In other words, you accept all problems as soon as you sign the paperwork.

Unless you have a written warranty signed by the seller and buyer...........watch the details in the warranty of a used vehicle.

Typically, used vehicles are sold on an "AS IS" basis. In other words, you accept all problems as soon as you sign the paperwork.

Unless you have a written warranty signed by the seller and buyer...........watch the details in the warranty of a used vehicle.
I am actually abandoning the car, because it had heavy damages.. thanks man

Wise decision.

Even though it is repaired, there maybe hidden issues yet to surface.

Keep looking, there are others for sale.

Remember, if the price is too good to be true.......there is a reason.

I'm late to the party here but I had a Tacoma with a salvage title. I got it out of state and saved a few grand because of it. I did not have any problems for the life of the truck, BUT be forewarned, you will absolutely never get rid of it on a trade in, the dealers want no part of it and even if they take it, look at a 50% discount, kid you not. I sold mine outright and the person did not really care, sort of hard to come by.

Geez, that's a bad luck with that lemon. Wise move to check the history before closing the deal. Thanks for the insight, we're also wanting to sell our car and buy a new one.

Back