Hilux in the US???

stx Ryan

So I have some friends in the military that run toyota hiluxes when they're on base (in the states). Last night one of them told me toyota is going to discontinue the tacoma and replace it with the hilux (which is really just a diesel tacoma) completely in 2017. Anyone heard anything about this? Personally a diesel tacoma is my dream truck

Yeah, they just introduced a new truck a couple of months ago and in 2 years they're going to discontinue it? I think that's probably not going to happen. One thing I remember from my time in the service is that the military runs on rumors. LOL

Yeah, they just introduced a new truck a couple of months ago and in 2 years they're going to discontinue it? I think that's probably not going to happen. One thing I remember from my time in the service is that the military runs on rumors. LOL
There is a reason they haven't introduced the Helix in the U.S. Emissions. Not saying that the Tacoma will never see a Diesel engine here. In time I'm sure it will happen.

Yea disregarding my wishful thinking honestly I don't see it happening. It would be to costly for toyota

It will not happen until we get a government that doesn't rate climate change as a higher threat than isis. I'm sure isis is running diesels though.
They run the piss out of those trucks. Seems like that's all they drive over in the big sand box. They don't hold up to well to a 50cal round though. Don't ask me how I know. Just take my word for it. Lol.

The lead design engineer from Toyota said, the expense of meeting the US emissions standards is to high!
And not making a penny on the Prius just to takeover the hybrid-electric market isn't worth their time or money? Just like they'll never put out another 4-cylinder compact truck again...

Jeeps are fun with small blocks in them .my friend just sold his cj7 it had a 383 stroker in it 6 inch lift with 36" quiet giants .it could yank the front wheels off the ground .I called it the "Psycho CJ" :)

Back