How do you add an amp and subwoofer to a jbl equipped 2021 tacoma trd pro.

abanda911

Lunar rock
I need help please. I have a 2021 tacoma trd pro. Jbl equipped.
I've replaced all 6 speakers with kickers.
The head unit is stock jbl including the amp and sub.
I want to replace the amp and sub.
I know about the Ampro (ap4-ty13) and will sound deaden the vehicle. Should I keep the plastic box enclosure that holds the sub and amp or get a separate box/sub and after market amplifier.
The sub I will probably go with a kicker 8 inch ( if I keep the original enclosure)but how many channels for the sub.( Any recommendations).
Do I need any other parts, wiring, etc.
I got an estimate for 1500 dollars which is out of my pay grade.
Includes: 1) ap4-ty13 2) 5 channel amp with 75 watt ×4 + 500W×1@2 ohms, 1600W maximum power.
3) 4 ga 1000 W complete wiring kit.
4) 4 channel amp.
5) 10 inch single 2 ohms low profile subwoofer.
6) subwoofer box.

Is this legit, I don't want to be taken advantage of. Thanks for any feedback.

Hey Luner,
I have been dealing with car audio for a couple of years. I noticed you changed out the 6 speakers with kickers, do you know what the max watt for the speakers are? You could get a 6 channel amp to run those speakers.
Sound deadening is a great idea.
As far as the plastic box goes, I personally would get rid of it. Plastic makes the sub sound small and ineffective. I found if you can get a prefab box the is tuned to 35 hrz it really makes a difference. I like a good bandpass box tuned to 35 hrz it really brings out the beat in your subs. I would get a separate amp to run your sub depending on the max watt your sub is of course. Also make sure you have good air flow to yhe amp. Usually a mono A or mono B amp would work great. You can also go to down4sound.com they have great amps for just about anything you need.
Just a few things I have learned. Hope this helps you out in your stereo install.

Back