How many states have you driven your Tacoma through ?

California (circa August-2o23)

route US-6 border crossing at Nevada

IMG_7828.JPG

IMG_7829.JPG

IMG_7831.JPG

looking into the Nevada side here

IMG_7833.JPG

end of cross-country route 6 in Bishop ... eastern end is in MA in cape cod area that I have yet to make it there still

IMG_7867.JPG

bucket list checkOff right here

IMG_7866.JPG

US 6 in Nevada comes out near Candlelaria. That’s UFO country.

i recall a stretch there that said NO SERVICEs for 100 miles

i did not go east of the US-95 at Tonopah if that is where Candlelaria is? i need to look at the maps lol

edit- checked the map and its a bit more north on route 95 i did not continue the venture

i recall a stretch there that said NO SERVICEs for 100 miles

i did not go east of the US-95 at Tonopah if that is where Candlelaria is? i need to look at the maps lol

edit- checked the map and its a bit more north on route 95 i did not continue the venture
IMG_0228.jpeg

In California take 395 north to Bishop, take Hwy 6 which doesn’t show well on this. See that triangle? Candelaria is dead center.

I’m serious when I say it’s a weird area. Early ‘90’s, December I’m in LA for Christmas and I got a call from Reno where I lived. Massive snow storm headed in. Probable closure of the two mountain passes on 395. One at 8000 feet and the other 7000+. I head out and the highway patrol at Bishop shut 395 down. All hotels full. I split off to Hwy 6. Slow going and later chain up my 2wd truck. Eventually get to the dirt back road towards 95. 15 miles up, no lights in front or behind for miles. Pitch black. High beams on. No structures or lights anywhere.

There was a guy walking alone. Red flannel plaid shirt and jeans. Had not seen a car off to the side of road. He never turned around or try to wave me down for help. As I passed him, he never acknowledged me. I honked my horn, no response. As i passed him, nothing. I tapped my brakes so my taillights lit him up but nothing.

There wasn’t a parked car on the side of the road all the way to 95.

I swear it’s true. I took that route several times since…. In the daytime.

Last edited:
Iowa
i74 crossing the Mississippi from Illinois at Quad Cities area
i do not often take this bridge but the usual river crossing had warnings of major backup and delays on i80, likely due to the high windgusts blowing trailers all over the road

IMG_1628.JPG

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1624.JPG

i should take this crossing more often
road surface was exceptionally decent
and the bridge is a neat looking one compared to the other 2 i usually use

IMG_1626.JPG

Back