HVAC BOX SWEATS AND DRIPS WATER INSIDE TRUCK W/ AC ON IN HUMID CONDITIONS!

Hobadger

New here and wondering if anyone else here that drives their truck in humid conditions w/ AC on has ever noticed water on floor? Mostly continous highway driving then slow down or stop is when it starts dripping! The HVAC box excessively sweats on the outside of box and water has no where to go but down onto the floor!

Yes, it's a 2021 so is still under warranty, dealer checked out everything and of course opened a case w/ Toyota headquarters, they say theirs nothing they can fix or replace, HVAC BOX SWEATS ON THE OUTSIDE OF IT IN THE VEHICLE WHERE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO W/ THE TUBE DRAIN TO THE OUTSIDE, THAT WORKS FINE! Only happens when on trips and humid out. I seen over in TW that this has occurred on other people's vehicle but they just seem willing to accept that water is dripping on their floor! Was hoping someone over here maybe has come up w/ a fix or resolution to this issue. Thanks for tip though!

Yes, drain tube is working, big puddles when parked and idling!
But I think your right about box not insulated, I think it's a design flaw, but Toyota won't admit it, say it's a characteristics of truck and operating normal! That's why they say their is no replacement part! HVAC BOXES I'm sure is all the same in 3rd generation Tocomas so I believe they all will drip water if driving early in morning as I do to commute to work, 70 miles 1 way when the air is really humid and auto climate set @ 72°. Not as bad in the evening driving home , but still drips some! Doesn't really drip when moving, just when I slow down or stop! I'm in VA, just does it during summer humid, muggy times, which is about 5 to 6 months out of a year!

Yes it is very strange and disappointing! Have had it to dealer numourious, they opened up case w/ Toyota headquarters and they all know something is wrong w/ the design but because it's not a safty issue that's not killing anyone, they just deny everything, says its operating as design and charatistic of vehicle! I've been forced to get a lemon lawyer they have filed lawsuit against Toyota ! Don't know how it's all gonna play out yet but even if they have to buy it back, I got a feeling I'm gonna loose by the time they deprecate the miles and everything! It's not a good time in this market to try and find something else, dealers are selling everything that hits the lot and no more negotiating! The box is not insulated, but I don't think any HVAC box in any vehicle is.

My better half works for Hyundai,,THE MANUFACTURER,,35 years and has delt with and Heard many cases with lemon law. She’s saying you won’t loose..Keep taking it back to the Dealer to build the case,,mileage doesn’t matter. Toyota will have to either buy it back at what you paid or offer you a new vehicle..
She also said write a letter to Toyota Consumer Affairs!

Yeah, I'm already past all that, I've done enough taking it back and give everyone an opportunity to fix it. Toyota headquarters has already denied everything so lawsuit has been filed, just a matter of setting up court dates now! I really didn't want it to come to this, always wanted a Toyota, but just not comfortable w/ paying 40,000 for something brand new and water on my floor! Toyota not gonna admit to a problem or they would have to recall millions of vehicles. I guess a little water dripping isn't like their frame issues so they aren't admitting theirs a problem! But I did hear they had a recall on a 3rd light leaking and water getting in, easy fix though, just a gasket or silicone, not a HVAC BOX! Lol. Was hoping maybe someone else maybe came up w/ some fix? I'm not the only one, their was a thread going on @ Toyota World, but I think they just accepted what dealers was telling them and just accepted water on their floor!

Didn't see your last text before I responded, the dealer took glove box out to expose the HVAC BOX when I Dropped by one day it was doing it. Outside of box had condensation all over it, so they witnessed it and said they had to get w/ Toyota engineers @ Toyota headquarters, thats when headquarters told them its Nirmal! Lol.

My buddy had a 2016 Sr5,,,,ran like ****,,no power,, kept taking it back every 2 weeks,,went through all the motions like your doing and in the end ,,Toyota bought it back,Full price! Be patient,, you’ll come out on top

I pretty much went up to top managers their, but not owner. Toyota headquarters basically said no need in taking it back to dealer, it's in their hands @ that point, so they said give them a view days to figure out what's going on, I did an they called back and denied responsibility, operating as designed! Lol. Anyway, if it's normal for water to be on the floor, then mold will grow, mold is a big issue these day, I might have a lemon lawyer and a Mold lawyer! Lol.

It's auto climate, just set it to 72° and it adjust itself, hi, low ,recirculate! Dealer did suggest try using recirculate button so outside air isn't going through the box all the time, but tried that, still dripped some! Never had one do this before! I have been commuting to work in various vehicles to work for 35 years, only wetness has been maybe a few spilled beers!

Thanks for the input, but I think it's beyond that, Just got a notice the other day from my lemon lawyer and they done went through the steps of demanding things and filed suit, next step is set motion for trial date set up! I really didn't want it to go this far and thought Toyota would step up and do the right thing, and you know Toyota has big gun lawyers and have had to talked it over before it went this far! They have calculated, just say no, most people won't fight it and accept some water dripping. Lemon lawyers only get paid if we win, so I don't think they would go this far if they didn't think we had cause! But I feel like it's David against Goliath, I probably better start sighting in my slingshot! Lol

Doesn’t matter about there big lawyers,it’s there vehicle,with a problem,,Brand New at that!
My buddy went through the same **** and came out with a fat check! They offered him another truck, he said no,,,took the money and went to another Dealership,,

Back