Installing a borla exhaust on my ‘97!

Adam Gendron

Going on tomorrow! Will update with before and after videos!

Attachments

• 59088B30-392F-4B2B-9CCC-C73B8E9DB335.jpeg
    59088B30-392F-4B2B-9CCC-C73B8E9DB335.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
I've heard a borla exhaust cat back system on a 6 cylinder 3.5 tacoma. Imo, you can send it back to them. They sound good if a V8, but not a six . V6 engines just sound like chit with any aftermarket muffler. They sound bad enough stock already, no need to make it worse. The toyota trd muffler had a far nicer sounding system compared to it.

i think its a rather quiet exhaust on my '97
but i compared it to a toyota muffler with a big nasty split hole init making all kinds of noisy

Heck, nothing sounds worse than a rotted out muffler, especially on a 4 or 6 in these trucks. I can't stand any exhaust system that ends up with a drone when highway driven.

awnaw, now i am going to endlessly listen to see if i can hear it droning out back there now :confused:

Loudest rumble exhaust I've ever heard was on my '71 Buick Electra 225 with the 455-4. The exhaust came apart at the Y pipe joint, located just under the front passenger.

You could hear that power from many blocks away.

The V-6 (4.0 L) has a nice low growl with stock exhaust.

My gen 4.7 tundra sounder like crap when either the resonator or muffler rotted out. On the other hand back in the 70's i had a nascar 421 dual quad super duty engine from the early 60's in my gto with headers that sounded real nasty with its cam. You could still drive that car to the race track, and turn low 12's in the quarter.

Back