Kansas rocks recreation park celebrates 10 years with big event july 20th.

byrd

This sounds like fun! Think I'll take the Taco down there and check it out. :thumbsup:

Kansas Rocks (K-Rocks) Recreation Park is a very unique off-road park because it was created as a 501(c)3 not for profit business, run by 24 all volunteer board of directors. It was developed with RTP grant money through the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism. They supplied 80% reimbursable funds to K-Rocks 20% match. They had to line up, the front end financing and counted volunteer labor, donated equipment and cash toward their 20% match. The park has also created an Adopt-A-Trail program that has 8 area clubs involved with trail maintenance and policing. Kansas Rocks is truly the ‘peoples park’.
There are several huge events throughout the year with some smaller ones, like off-road 101 and 201 courses, novice competitions and night rides, peppered in to the mix.
They’ve been here for 10 great years and want to show their friends how much they appreciate their involvement and support by putting together an enormous 10th year celebration July 20th 2013. Trail rides all day Saturday, night riding till midnight, hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream and drinks, cooked and served by the board members. There will be 2 live bands, free camping and food--all at the regular day fee of $15 per vehicle. Sunday will be regular day fee as well. Pre-registration is at ksrockspark.com that will guarantee you an event shirt and give them a meal count. There will be some additional shirts available the day of the event for sale. Gates open at 8:00 a.m. Saturday morning. They hope to see you all there.

http://www.ksrockspark.com/

Bud of mine at work is interested in going down to this event. Game plan is head down Friday day and camp (free) at a county lake that is about 10 miles from the park. He likes to fish and so he'll get to cast in some new water, then head over to the event in the morning. Stay until Sun afternoon and head back. I've attached a copy of the trail map. Wasn't easy adding this since I had to convert it 3 times before the forum would accept the file.

Attachments

• Trail Map.jpg
    Trail Map.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 16
Video of 2 girls in jeep that got stuck in a mudhole that got yanked out. When we hit the area another jeep (the white one) was being yanked out the other side.

http://youtu.be/_sIQtd_BGHc

Attachments

• S1050426.jpg
    S1050426.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 15
Saw a lot of Jeeps being towed out after being broken on the trail, this was one. I think I counted about 6 of them while we were sitting there for lunch. And while sitting there we were wondering what became of the other half of our group. We found out after we got back.

Reeves from TW, in his Tacoma and 2 buddies 1 in an FJ another in a jeep, were 10 mins from the park when the jeep went off the road came back on, over compensated and rolled it into a ditch. Apparently, no body was hurt but a bad day for jeeps. Jeep guy said he'll make the next event.

Another jeep there did a somersault face first landing upside down on the trail. Didn't get a pic of it, but he did manage to get it started and drove it later. He wasn't hurt either, but his jeep was messed up.

Attachments

• S1050430.jpg
    S1050430.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 555182_658560527489331_1573561094_n.jpg
    555182_658560527489331_1573561094_n.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 18
Dang, glad everyone was ok. I know what it feels like to really mess up your rig, mines been in the shop for two months now :(

Update from Reeves on Brandon's crash:

Originally Posted by Reeves
We were 10 minutes out from the park....everyone walked away. His wife has a broken arm. It could have been a lot worse since the roof rack broke to pieces thank God none of it went inside the cockpit. Maybe we will make the next event lol

A couple of FJ Cruisers that were down there. We saw 3 one being a FJ 40.

The blue one owned by a 10 yr park volunteer knew the trails and was ripping thru them as we tried to stay up with him. He ended up coming back at us on a steep trail that everyone was having trouble with.

The Tonka FJ took a trail that ended up taking out his right rear quarter section (taillight & right corner of bumper ripped off).

Attachments

• S1050432.jpg
    S1050432.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 18
True FJ's are cool but I too wanted a Taco. I needed a Truck not a luxury SUV. I have a buddy at work that has one and since he just paid it off he's looking to buy something else.

Another pic of the Tonka FJ. The guy at the rear of it is the owner.

Attachments

• 5347_10151489936126381_1803883891_n.jpg
    5347_10151489936126381_1803883891_n.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 18
Back