LED headlights

Not enough room under hood of my 2013 V6 4.0 Tacoma Truck , I wish there was .

Unless you change the reflector assembly you will have poor results.

Stick with the OEM stuff, possibly change to a "brighter" bulb matching the type in the truck.

A little more detail.

Sure the LED may appear brighter as you look at the truck from the front. But how does it look from the driver's seat? If the light isn't focused and aimed correctly........then it isn't good.

Most times, the swap creates problems for on-coming drivers with bright blinding poorly focused and poorly aimed aftermarket add-ons. This will be evident by on-coming drivers flashing their high beams at you. Less obvious is you will have limited vision of the road in front of you. Kinda like driving with high mounted fog lights, bright short beam.....

My point is do this effectively, you must change the headlamp assembly to an LED type to match the LED bulbs. Just tossing in an LED bulb into the stock reflectors will not be very effective.

I did a switch to a set of Sylvania SilverStars in my OEM stock headlights. I am able to illuminate reflective signs about 1/4 mile distant on low beams. Yes, the headlights are aimed correctly. The road is illuminated about 200 yards in front of me. At 60 mph (88 ft/sec), I have roughly 2 seconds for reaction time. So my speed and reaction time is not out-running the headlights.

Just had them done and love them!!! They were perfectly adjusted......the LED bulbs only go in one way and there was no need to manually
adjust although the shop showed me how it adjust manually if needed.
I find them at least 5x brighter and whiter and they are VERY EFFECTIVE!!! I also had VLEDS back up LED installed on my license plate and it's
BRIGHT AF!!!

I have LEDs for headlights and fogs. From the front and from the drivers seat they are better. I live in FL so no snow to deal with and hardly and fog either.20180519_211931.jpg
20190305_201316.jpg

Last edited:
Back