Looking for some advice

Thrashfan

I've owned four Tacoma's and have loved them all. Now I have a stock 2023 Off Road 4x4 and need some advice. I recently purchased a tractor and trailer, the trailer is 8x20 and weighs around 2,450lbs, the tractor is close to 3000lbs. Since my truck is stock the hitch is not really that far up from the ground. Which will give me some more clearance...Lift or air bags? Eventually I will need to take the tractor in for it's first maintenance check up about an hour away and I imagine the ass end of my Tacoma is gonna sag quite a bit with both sitting on the hitch. Thanks in advance for the advice.

First thing for you to check is the tow capacity of your truck. Next check the maximum hitch weight for your truck.

Remember, lift or air bags will not increase your load or towing capacity.

Lets begin with these numbers, then better advice can be offered.

Yeah, you're near the threshold your truck will safely tow. You may have exceeded the tongue weight also, something to check. Imo, the truck will tow it....hope you have some sort of brake controller to manage that load, but all in all, it's really a job for a full-size pickup.

Last edited:
Pulling it is greatly different than stopping or controlling it. Easy to have the tail wagging the dog.

Back