Mystery dial

elihill

Just bought a 2018 Tacoma that has this dial. It is located to the left and below of the steering wheel (immediately above the cargo light switch) and has a series of lights above it that can go through a set of color options when pressed or they light up in order and turn down in order as the dial is turned. I have no clue what it does and have tried scouring the internet for any possibilities. Got any ideas?

Attachments

• 8F3EA91F-1D2C-44BF-AF90-B83F9066BADC.jpeg
    8F3EA91F-1D2C-44BF-AF90-B83F9066BADC.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 6
Just bought a 2018 Tacoma that has this dial. It is located to the left and below of the steering wheel (immediately above the cargo light switch) and has a series of lights above it that can go through a set of color options when pressed or they light up in order and turn down in order as the dial is turned. I have no clue what it does and have tried scouring the internet for any possibilities. Got any ideas?
Does it have any marking or numbers on it?
Does the truck have aftermarket stereo with amp and sub?
Any aftermarket light bars?
Wheel well lights? Undercarriage lighting? Interior back lighting?

Did you purchase it from a dealer or private party? Maybe ask who you bought it from if they know?

Does it have any marking or numbers on it?
Does the truck have aftermarket stereo with amp and sub?
Any aftermarket light bars?
Wheel well lights? Undercarriage lighting? Interior back lighting?

Did you purchase it from a dealer or private party? Maybe ask who you bought it from if they know?

no there are no markings or numbers on it and it’s located where on my last Tacoma there was a little cubby hole to place items. I got it from a dealership (Chevy dealership) who said they have no clue what it does lol. It also has no readily apparent lighting that it affects, I tried it at night and could see any changes occur in or on the truck as I played with the dial.

no there are no markings or numbers on it and it’s located where on my last Tacoma there was a little cubby hole to place items. I got it from a dealership (Chevy dealership) who said they have no clue what it does lol. It also has no readily apparent lighting that it affects, I tried it at night and could see any changes occur in or on the truck as I played with the dial.
What about an after market stereo. Amp & sub? Maybe it’s the volume for a sub?

Back