New Tacoma owner w MT

TMo

Thanks for allowing me to the group. I finally purchased my first new vehicle ever and my first Tacoma a few months ago. It is a barcelona red Offroad Premium, 6spd. I specifically waited for the 6spd as manual is much more fun to drive for me. Ive made a few upgrades but nothing major.

Quick question, I am looking at snagging either the SCS Ray 10s or SR8s in the 16” size. Do any of the experts here know if my stock tires fit these?D2A4D000-AC77-4B6E-AF05-3AA820AB6503.jpeg

Wow TMo that's a beautiful 3g OffRoad. Glad you went with a MT. There's only a few of us left lol. Judging by your picture it appears you are stationed in Deutschland ? I was stationed there in Würzburg and Kitzingen in the early 90's. Where are you going back stateside ?

Last edited:
Reactions: TMo
Wow TMo that's a beautiful 3g OffRoad. Glad you went with a MT. There's only a few of us left lol. Judging by your picture it appears you are stationed in Deutschland ? I was stationed there in Würzburg and Kitzingen in the early 90's. Where are you going back stateside ?

i missed the job in Wurzburg! was in Heidelberg before being sent back to the USA

@TexasBigBlue

Thank you! Yes I love the barcelona red, it just glows when its all cleaned up. :) This is my first new vehicle ever so I wanted to hold out for the exact color AND in manual. :)

And yes we are currently in Deutchland, near Frankfurt, we've been here for 3 years now. We plan to retire in Texas after we return, we were fortunate to buy and nice house there back in 2018 relatively cheap compared to now and super low interest rates…and Texas takes real good care of vets. The plan is to use that house as a base of operations and travel for the majority of the year. ☺️

Im glad to have found this group, so much better than the other one. Lol

i am curious if Darmstadt is still there lol
that is where i was at (civilian contracter) for the longest of months (years before 9/11 happened) and everybody was free to go on and off the area without showing any papers/permits/IDs

@TexasBigBlue

Thank you! Yes I love the barcelona red, it just glows when its all cleaned up. :) This is my first new vehicle ever so I wanted to hold out for the exact color AND in manual. :)

And yes we are currently in Deutchland, near Frankfurt, we've been here for 3 years now. We plan to retire in Texas after we return, we were fortunate to buy and nice house there back in 2018 relatively cheap compared to now and super low interest rates…and Texas takes real good care of vets. The plan is to use that house as a base of operations and travel for the majority of the year. ☺️

Im glad to have found this group, so much better than the other one. Lol
Niiiiiiiice. El Paso/Ft Bliss or Killeen/Ft Hood ? Very smart buying in 2018. Today's home prices are still inflated from the china virus and a fixed 30-year loan is now at 8%. :oops:

Niiiiiiiice. El Paso/Ft Bliss or Killeen/Ft Hood ? Very smart buying in 2018. Today's home prices are still inflated from the china virus and a fixed 30-year loan is now at 8%. :oops:
Ya we bought in a nice pocket neighborhood full of retired military near Hood. $118k 3bd, 2 ba, 2 car garage, at 1.99%, it was a no brainer. Lol Appraises at $200-250k now. We weren’t even planning on buying, I mean who plans to buy in Killeen right? Hahaa But we were doing our evening walk and saw it listed and the rest was history. =) Where are you in Tx?

i am curious if Darmstadt is still there lol
that is where i was at (civilian contracter) for the longest of months (years before 9/11 happened) and everybody was free to go on and off the area without showing any papers/permits/IDs
Most bases/posts from back in the day are closed. I’m not familiar with that post so it has likely been closed also. Ya things are much more secure now, coming and going. No Mil/Gov ID no enter. :)

Most bases/posts from back in the day are closed. I’m not familiar with that post so it has likely been closed also. Ya things are much more secure now, coming and going. No Mil/Gov ID no enter. :)
The only place real secure from my time there in the 90s was the airbase in Rammstein

Even the hospital nearby in landstuhl, if that is still there?? You could just walk right on in and nobody asked for ID!

Italy bases were different though, we had to show our work order papers and passports to enter all the time

Ya we bought in a nice pocket neighborhood full of retired military near Hood. $118k 3bd, 2 ba, 2 car garage, at 1.99%, it was a no brainer. Lol Appraises at $200-250k now. We weren’t even planning on buying, I mean who plans to buy in Killeen right? Hahaa But we were doing our evening walk and saw it listed and the rest was history. =) Where are you in Tx?
The Dallas metroplex on the Denton County side. Before that it was 2xKilleen/Ft Hood, 2x El Paso/Ft Bliss, and 1x San Antonio/ Lackland AFB. Funny how Uncle Sam gave me five sets of orders to Texas Military Installations through the years. I still consider myself a Colorado Native but I am definitely a Texas Transplant now. :D

Reactions: TMo
Back