Old Farts

Yes we were, but I think back to what I was doing when I was 14/15/16 years old and compare that to today's standards and just don't know what this world is coming to. At that age I was boring blocks, grinding valves, turning drums, building motors and transmissions, welding. Now a days all they can do is video games.
your parents compared it, & your grandparents compared it and on and on and on

I turned 60 past October and everthing starts to hurt. I lost a fellow car buddy a couple years ago and he left his SRT-8 CHALLENGER to his 26 year old son, who doesn't drive it cuz he doesn't know how to drive a stick!!!! WTF.
Wait What? I told him I'll teach him. He's a plumber so I see him every couple of weeks on our jobsites. SMH :)

At 72 I'm the oldest at work, everyone else is 19 to 50. When we get into conversations the youngins always interject something about my age and I shouldn't take offense. I tell them I know I'm old and proud of it, hope they are able to make it this far and hope they aquire the knowledge and understanding that comes with age. Then I tell them don't apologize, say what you're gonna say.

At 72 I'm the oldest at work, everyone else is 19 to 50. When we get into conversations the youngins always interject something about my age and I shouldn't take offense. I tell them I know I'm old and proud of it, hope they are able to make it this far and hope they aquire the knowledge and understanding that comes with age. Then I tell them don't apologize, say what you're gonna say.

I work in Human Resoures. Nobody says crap like that to me.

Only because of you're position, if you knew what they really thought. I'd much rather someone say it to my face than think about it behind my back. The conversations I'm referring to are just abstract conversations which are really about nothing that matters, it's more about pointing out the difference in thought between generations vs actually pointing out someone's age.

Back