OMG I'm losing parts.

Rock62

Truck now has a bit over 160,xxx miles. I take good care of it. Least I thought I took good care of it.

Today I noticed a part has fallen off. This is so disturbing. 18 years old and the truck is disintegrating around me.

Obviously the vehicle is made from the cheapest materials available. I'm amazed it has lasted this long.

I don't know what to do to prevent further loss. So, far nothing critical has escaped attachment.

The center cap on the right rear wheel has lost the chrome plated dobob of the Toyota emblem.

Am I looking to have the truck disappear from under me like a Wiley Coyote Acme rocket sled??? If only this was a golden Gen 1..................

It's the frame in these trucks that you need to worry about...they begin to rust from the inside, and delaminate. Unless protected from salt, and brine with a rust inhibitor, you won't notice it till too late. I've seen a number of gen1, and 2's already here with the same bad frames like they were made of swiss cheese. You live in the salt belt, its hard on anything made of steel.

Back