Online Retailers

Nathan

Admin
Staff member
Where do you shop for aftermarket products online? Who's got the best prices and products?

Depends on what you want. DSM has some great prices for shocks and lifts.

I found 4wheelonline.com has some good deals on tires as they are out of Florida and alot of items are free shipping and no sales tax. I got my tires that way and they came shipped on a pallet in an 18wheeler to my door step.

I bought my eibach springs from toytec. I got a good deal and the springs shipped pretty quick.

I don't necessarily have a particular place, I shop around and use these forums to find the best overall deal. And I say best overall because the lowest price may not be the best way to go sometimes.

I don't necessarily have a particular place, I shop around and use these forums to find the best overall deal. And I say best overall because the lowest price may not be the best way to go sometimes.

Agreed, I did recently get my 4x4 switch illuminated thanks to rcbs204's R&D on the board he made. Mine works great. Very pleased with the business transaction I made with him & with the product. Everything was as he stated, glad to know there are stand-up guys out there in these forums to do business with. As of 4/06 he had 20 left once gone that's it unless he decides to make more. I could of gone another route to do this which would of cost twice as much. But the feedback from other customers I was seeing on his product sold me. I'm glad I chose to go with him. I wasn't disappointed. :thumbsup:

Agreed, I did recently get my 4x4 switch illuminated thanks to rcbs204's R&D on the board he made. Mine works great. Very pleased with the business transaction I made with him & with the product. Everything was as he stated, glad to know there are stand-up guys out there in these forums to do business with. As of 4/06 he had 20 left once gone that's it unless he decides to make more. I could of gone another route to do this which would of cost twice as much. But the feedback from other customers I was seeing on his product sold me. I'm glad I chose to go with him. I wasn't disappointed. :thumbsup:

I would like to do his illumination switch but I don't like the idea of doing anything with wiring like that while I'm still under warranty. Of course I did do the 5100's to level my truck. But I don't like the idea of the wiring in case. The suspension I could argue that it only affects the components involved. If anything happened with the electrical system they could blame it on that. At least that's how I feel.

I would like to do his illumination switch but I don't like the idea of doing anything with wiring like that while I'm still under warranty. Of course I did do the 5100's to level my truck. But I don't like the idea of the wiring in case. The suspension I could argue that it only affects the components involved. If anything happened with the electrical system they could blame it on that. At least that's how I feel.

That's understandable. But for me, mine is no longer under any factory warranty or dealership warranty and paid off. When I saw that the switch was not factory lit, that just didn't settle well with me. It's set up for it so why didn't Toyota go that extra mile to light it up? I've been wrenching on cars since the mid '70's so had no problem ripping into it and wiring it in. I actually soldered it in and used the supplied Molex pins in the factory connector. Also, rcbs204 does give a 90 day warranty for workmanship & parts along with a troubleshooting guide. I do feel he did his homework and I will have no worries of the board doing any damage to my electrical system. Besides, the way it's wired in, it would blow the fuse before any real damage could be caused. ;)

yeah I follow this practice too.
Sometimes my dealer will match or even do better than using online places.
I always check craigslist for tacoma mods...sometimes there are great deals out there or the forums. I have made some great purchases from members of the tacoma forums.

Dawg...DO THE SWITCH...and order it soon. I think he has quit making them...and is now selling his remaining stock. I've done the switch mod and it is safe and easy. No way to fry the truck. You could fry a fuse or two...but the truck will be fine...and you will have a lit switch.

That's understandable. But for me, mine is no longer under any factory warranty or dealership warranty and paid off. When I saw that the switch was not factory lit, that just didn't settle well with me. It's set up for it so why didn't Toyota go that extra mile to light it up? I've been wrenching on cars since the mid '70's so had no problem ripping into it and wiring it in. I actually soldered it in and used the supplied Molex pins in the factory connector. Also, rcbs204 does give a 90 day warranty for workmanship & parts along with a troubleshooting guide. I do feel he did his homework and I will have no worries of the board doing any damage to my electrical system. Besides, the way it's wired in, it would blow the fuse before any real damage could be caused. ;)

Back