Passenger Water leak - Not A/C related

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by powerhouse21, Sep 16, 2021.

1. powerhouse21

powerhouse21 New Member

Hoping somebody out there has the answer or at least an idea to help me out. I have a 2018 Tacoma and I've got water leaking into the passenger area. I just had the cowl replaced by Toyota and still water leaks in. I've had the a/c drain behind the firewall checked and that isn't it either. It's happening when it rains outside. I've noticed water on the right panel (closest to door) and even on some of the wiring which makes me think it's coming in from a bad door seal/plug somehow. Anybody have this issue or any idea where to look specifically?

Jersey Black Beauty likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Is it still under warranty?
    Do you have a sunroof?

B-Man and Jersey Black Beauty like this.
  4. Jersey Black Beauty

Jersey Black Beauty Well-Known Member

Or’s got good questions’ if not. … sit inside and have someone run a Garden hose over it and track it down…..

OR17TRD and B-Man like this.
  5. bonifacio

bonifacio Member

Have in-channel vent visors?

6. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

My sunroof drains were plugged and i use a 6ft piece of 12 gauge wire and sbaked it through the drains in the front corners of the sunroof trough when its open all the way u can poke ur head up and see if they are blocked. Mine leaked on passanger side and then smelled like catpee after a few days.nasty

B-Man likes this.