Possible Suspension Problem

crestone

3-15-22
Hello fellow Tacoma owners and trouble shooters. I am hoping that someone my be able to assist me in determining what the following problem I am having with my Tacoma. You all have always been so knowledgeable and helpful in your past assistance and I thank you for that..

I have a 2017 Tacoma Access Cab TRD Off Road 4X4. I just started to notice the following: When I am driving and need to turn, I am noticing a squeak when I turn the wheel left or right. This sound is very subtle but still there none the less. Also, when the vehicle is stationary and I turn the wheel left or right and with the hood open, I hear a clunk type of noise coming from the engine compartment when I turn the wheel.

I am at a loss as it seems to have something to do, somehow, with the suspension system and not the engine since this clink sound only occurs when I turn the wheel.

Again, I am at a loss so if any of you good folks can offer any suggestions or solutions, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all: Just an update and I will keep this thread going. I have replaced the upper control arms with ball joint assemble. The clunk is gone but time will tell. I still have that squeak. Most of all, I would appreciate your comments on the following: I mentioned this in my original tread and still have this issue. When I turn the wheel left or right, with the hood open and the engine running, I hear this click and the engine revs. Perhaps its normal or possibly associated with a power steering pump or relay that is activated when I turn the wheel. What do you all think could be or not be the problem. The forum has more expertise than I do.

Awaiting your response and thanks in advance.

Back