Quirky Things About Your Toyota

OR17TRD

I had a 1981 single cab 4x4 toyota pickup with the 22r, 5spd and to get into the door you had to stick the key in all the way then pull it out just a little then turn it to unlock the door. To unlock the passenger door you had to reach over and pull the lock up. You know you have a good woman when you unlock her door first and before you get to the drivers door she'd already leaned over and unlocked your door for you. ;)
I had to pump the gas peddle 3 times to start it, 2 wouldn't work and 4 it acted like I flooded it. You had to manually assist the passenger window up, the crank didn't like to do it on its own. The heater wouldn't blow on the lower settings so it was full blast or nothing. No A/C but had those side wing windows you could get the angle just right to blow air up your shorts.
To lock the door you had to use the key which took more effort than unlocking it or push the interior lock down then hold the outer door handle up at the same time you shut the door or it would unlock.
I got use to its idiosyncrasies but it was always fun to watch others try to figure all those little quirks out.

Back