Radio display stopped working

goob760

Was driving the other day and the display on my stock radio started blinking and flashing off and on. Now it’s completely blank. The music still plays but I can’t change the station, change the volume, or anything else. I checked the fuse after it went completely blank and it’s fine but I replaced it anyways. Any ideas?

Was driving the other day and the display on my stock radio started blinking and flashing off and on. Now it’s completely blank. The music still plays but I can’t change the station, change the volume, or anything else. I checked the fuse after it went completely blank and it’s fine but I replaced it anyways. Any ideas?

Sounds like it’s a paperweight now. I would try one thing. Unhook the battery for a couple minutes and see if it resets something. Hope it works. What model truck is it?

Sounds like it’s a paperweight now. I would try one thing. Unhook the battery for a couple minutes and see if it resets something. Hope it works. What model truck is it?

That’s what I was kinda figuring. It’s a prerunner. I’ll try the battery thing tomorrow morning. Thanks dude!

What year truck? JBL? or non JBL

Dang.. I've got the stock radio out of my 2009 I'd sell cheap. But its non JBL so it's a no go [emoji852]

Damn that sucks man that would of been perfect. I appreciate it tho! I’m gonna try the battery thing tomorrow. If all else fails looks like I gotta spend some cash and get a touchscreen [emoji16]

Amazon sells those 7” double din head units pretty cheap. I mean, you can’t expect it to last forever but you never know. They have everything though... dvd,gps,camera input,Android auto and apple carplay. Less than a $200. You can even hook up the steering wheel controls. If the entune unit in my 16’ takes a dump, I’ll be getting one of those

Well dudes, I disconnected the battery and left it disconnected for roughly 20 mins before putting it back together. Now the radio doesn’t work at all [emoji23] time to get a new one!

Amazon sells those 7” double din head units pretty cheap. I mean, you can’t expect it to last forever but you never know. They have everything though... dvd,gps,camera input,Android auto and apple carplay. Less than a $200. You can even hook up the steering wheel controls. If the entune unit in my 16’ takes a dump, I’ll be getting one of those

I’ve seen those on there. I’ll look into them today might grab me one

Well dudes, I disconnected the battery and left it disconnected for roughly 20 mins before putting it back together. Now the radio doesn’t work at all [emoji23] time to get a new one!

Well man at least you tried. Sorry for the crap luck. Lol I never have good luck either

Well man at least you tried. Sorry for the crap luck. Lol I never have good luck either

It’s all good man I needed a reason to get a new radio. I only own like 3 CDs and they are all Metallica so it’s time to get something with Bluetooth so I can switch up the music from time to time

It’s all good man I needed a reason to get a new radio. I only own like 3 CDs and they are all Metallica so it’s time to get something with Bluetooth so I can switch up the music from time to time

Hard to beat Metallica black!!!! Or hero of the day.

I have a JBL unit from my 2007 that was pulled a few years ago. PM me if you’re interested.

If you’re going new, I’d recommend getting a pioneer unit with CarPlay and you can get an amp to connect to the factory jbl system and still use the sub. The sound is great with the factory jbl speakers and a new amp.

Back