Rear bumper w/ swing out tire carrier.

porkchop76

Hi guys-gals! I’m new here and couldn’t find the “new member “ introduction. I’ve got a 2001 4Runner and a 1996 Tacoma. The 4Runner is basically built. Bumpers, winch, lift. My Tacoma. I’ve had it for about 2 weeks, and I’ve got the bug. So I’ve been looking at bumpers with tire carriers on them. I hauled my 4Runner to Idaho last summer with my family and rode forest service roads. Including the mcgruder corridor (121 miles through the wilderness) We really got tired of the spare tire being in the back. Took up to much space!! But Lordy!! Them things are pricey!! I mean I understand...
So I found what I think will be a “better option” Have any of you been around, seen the kit that Coastal off-road sells? It’s a weld together kit. Looks awesome assembled. On their website of course. They sell kits for tacos and 4Runner. It’s either that or I’m just gonna get a roof rack,and carry the spare up top...

Idaho forest service roads are such a blast to explore! [emoji106] I haven't seen those bumper setups in person but they are pretty cool looking! I can't offer much up other than welcome and thank you for the inspiration. [emoji846]

Sometimes it is cheaper, and can be exactly what you want, to talk to a welding shop/fabricator about building you something.
I've had several things custom built for me over the years, and really happy I did.

Back