Remote Starter Question on Manual Transmission

AWDSC

Hello Everyone, Happy to be hear, I realize this has been asked before, I did search the forum, but I didn't find anything recent or that answered my questions.

I am in the process of starting to look at purchasing a new Tacoma, will be my first one. I am most interested in a TRD Pro with the manual transmission.

Where I live in Northern Canada having a remote starter is vital, as it is winter 7 months of the year and can be -30 to -40C for an extended period of time.

I realize there are plug and play options for the remote starter as of the last few years (I am not very knowledgeable in regards to specifics or how to install), but some research has shown me there are a few with options that include pressing the lock button a few times and things like that.

I was hoping to get some help with given specific examples of the best current product for a remote starter for a new/newer TRD Pro, what the program entails to start the vehicle and prep it for the follow up, and also who would I go to get it installed, I am not very mechanically inclined to do these things, unless I had a very detailed step by step. Eg. would I go to a mechanic, after market shop, dealership, etc.

Once I do own a Taco I plan on being an active member of this community further.

Thank you very much for the help!

I have remote start on three of my vehicles, but they are all auto trans. It seems to me that you would have to be in neutral for a standard trans to work. Otherwise, off she goes. :eek:

Hello Everyone, Happy to be hear, I realize this has been asked before, I did search the forum, but I didn't find anything recent or that answered my questions.

I am in the process of starting to look at purchasing a new Tacoma, will be my first one. I am most interested in a TRD Pro with the manual transmission.

Where I live in Northern Canada having a remote starter is vital, as it is winter 7 months of the year and can be -30 to -40C for an extended period of time.

I realize there are plug and play options for the remote starter as of the last few years (I am not very knowledgeable in regards to specifics or how to install), but some research has shown me there are a few with options that include pressing the lock button a few times and things like that.

I was hoping to get some help with given specific examples of the best current product for a remote starter for a new/newer TRD Pro, what the program entails to start the vehicle and prep it for the follow up, and also who would I go to get it installed, I am not very mechanically inclined to do these things, unless I had a very detailed step by step. Eg. would I go to a mechanic, after market shop, dealership, etc.

Once I do own a Taco I plan on being an active member of this community further.

I don’t have any specifics for you but I know it can be done. I helped my uncle install one on his Chevy 2500 with a stick. I know there was something to do with a neutral safety switch override and it definitely has to be in neutral.

~ Nick

Here ya go... says MT only sooo... it must be the one... lol

https://www.n2designsinc.com/produc...a-plug-and-play-remote-start-kit-h-key-manual

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I had a remote start in my old manual xTerra. Just had to make sure it was in neutral. It also had its own remote and didn’t go through the factory one like the Tacoma plug and plays. Unfortunately my Tacoma is an automatic so can’t help you for these specific vehicles.

Just know that they do exist and I would recommend going into a shop and paying the couple bucks extra to save the heart ache.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back