Roll Down rear window

snacksjpg

I have seen it discussed in other forums, but has anyone tried to install a 4runner rear roll down window in their TACO yet? I'm debating weather to try it or not and was reaching out to see if anyone has attempted/completed such a feet. Please advise.

There are methods to set up a power sliding window. Dig about, I'm sure there is a How To somewhere.

Personally, I'd like to have flip-out windows on the Access Cab rear doors.

My ol' Sonoma had flip-out windows on the rear access doors.

Great for ventilation without road noise or wind buffeting in the cab.

My Tacoma has the sliding rear window (manual). When open and driving above 30 mph, the air flow curling over the top of the cab will blow dirt/debris/schmutz into the cab. It doesn't allow much air flow out of the cab.

Last edited:
I hear that
The ONLY rear slider that works well in my experience is the rear slider in the single cab
No need for AC operation on a hot breezy day !!!

I'm going to use the rear flipouts on my truck which I never ever do to see what this fuss is all about

I just want to see how much wind noise they make in Iowa
Do I have to open both at same time or just either one?

My ol' Sonoma had flip-out windows on the rear access doors.

Great for ventilation without road noise or wind buffeting in the cab.

My Tacoma has the sliding rear window (manual). When open and driving above 30 mph, the air flow curling over the top of the cab will blow dirt/debris/schmutz into the cab. It doesn't allow much air flow out of the cab.
Those flip outs on my tundra were great for ventilation in the summer months, but also invited thieves that tried to get in my truck when I was parked at a snowmobile unloading lot in Quebec. I left the truck unattended for a week while on a 1400 mile snowmobile bag trip only to find out one of those windows were tampered with when we arrived back. The good part... they didn't get in, but the latch was broken.

@tacojoel

Anything can be broken into. Although, I do think the flip-out would be more secure than the sliding rear window.

The flip-out could be opened while the truck was parked in the sun to allow most of the heat out of the truck while maintaining some security.

My rear window was a manual slider in that tundra, it wasn't touched, and kind of a pita to open when driving. When I ordered my 2020 access cab tacoma, I requested it be built with a power sliding rear window which I like far better. I just push a button on the dash while driving, and it will open, or close.

My rear window was a manual slider in that tundra, it wasn't touched, and kind of a pita to open when driving. When I ordered my 2020 access cab tacoma, I requested it be built with a power sliding rear window which I like far better. I just push a button on the dash while driving, and it will open, or close.
Any chance that could be fitted to a Gen2??? Not the window itself, but the mechanism.

its not all that easy to reach in a cab-inna-half
unless you have longish arm wingspan

single cab rear slider FTMFW
but F toyota for stop putting a V6 in those starting in 1998

but a single cab it is not!

hasn't been a yota single cab with V6 since 1997

Back