seat belt beeper

Michael

does anyone know how to make it so the seat belt alarm doesnt go off for the passenger seat? the dog rides shotgun and it gets annoying

Go to a junk yard and or wrecker yard and cut a buckle off. When the dog is in just click it in. Thats what I had to do. Dealer offered no suggestion.

1. Turn the key to the "ON" position (do not start) leave your foot off the break
2. Cycle your trip reset knob till its on "ODO". Turn key back off for a few seconds.
3. Turn key back to "ON" position (do not start) when you see everything light up, click and hold down the trip reset knob and do a 12 second long count.
4. Keeping your finger on the knob fasten your seatbelt
As soon as you fasten the seatbelt you should see the ODO go from "xxxx" to "b-on". Now take your finger off the knob and press it again, it should change to "b-off".
5. Turn key to OFF and unfasten seatbelt.

Tried it on my 13 a few times, have not been successful.

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit."

The dealer told me yesterday they can cut it off. They said there is a list of options in the manual that they can adjust one time for free.

If you go on ebay or amazon they sell seat belt inserts. Which you place into the seatbelt slot and no more noise or annoying alarms. Hope this helps.

I took my taco in for its first oil change the other day. While it was there I told them I wanted to turn off the seat belt buzzer. I told them I did a lot of pasture driving and off road with my truck and that I was in and out of it frequently. They would not do it because it was a liability. After arguing with the guy for 15 minutes I finally gave in and said to heck with it. Even tho it is in the owners manual. So I made my own ding remedy wrench.

does anyone know how to make it so the seat belt alarm doesnt go off for the passenger seat? the dog rides shotgun and it gets annoying

There are four wires under the seat on my 2015. The two black ones go to a connecter which I pulled apart and inserted a short jumper wire which stopped the constant, extremely annoying alam when the key is inserted and seat belt not yet buckled. The other two, striped, wires would be for seat sensing that have no convenient connecter but can be cut and tied together to bypass the weight-on-seat alarm.

There are four wires under the seat on my 2015. The two black ones go to a connecter which I pulled apart and inserted a short jumper wire which stopped the constant, extremely annoying alam when the key is inserted and seat belt not yet buckled. The other two, striped, wires would be for seat sensing that have no convenient connecter but can be cut and tied together to bypass the weight-on-seat alarm.

That will effe up your airbag settings. Depending on how it works, your airbag could deploy when it is not supposed to, or not deploy when it is supposed to. This could cause injury or death and set you up for huge liability issues should a passenger get injured. Also, if your P/S airbag deploys to an empty seat in a wreck, your insurance company is going to wonder why they should pay several hundred Dollars to replace a wasted airbag because you defeated the system that is designed to avoid that happening.

I told dealer to shut the alarm off at first service. They said no problem. If they gave and hassle I was going to tell them to keep it. My old 06 was easy to shut off. The newer ones you have to have the dealer shut off

1. Turn the key to the "ON" position (do not start) leave your foot off the break
2. Cycle your trip reset knob till its on "ODO". Turn key back off for a few seconds.
3. Turn key back to "ON" position (do not start) when you see everything light up, click and hold down the trip reset knob and do a 12 second long count.
4. Keeping your finger on the knob fasten your seatbelt
As soon as you fasten the seatbelt you should see the ODO go from "xxxx" to "b-on". Now take your finger off the knob and press it again, it should change to "b-off".
5. Turn key to OFF and unfasten seatbelt.

Worked like a charm. Thank you

Back