Selling Suggestions - 2002 Tacoma - 46,000 miles

Discussion in '1995 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma' started by PBGOMA, Dec 11, 2019.

1. PBGOMA

PBGOMA Member

Looking to sell my 2002 Tacoma. Original owned, extremely good shape. 46,000 miles. SR5; Extended Cab; 2.7 liter engine. New frame in 2017, new clutch about 40 miles ago. Selling because I need a new left knee and need to go automatic - much less fun.

Pricing is a mystery. Short of an auction (I have four people interested, including the guy at the service garage), I'm curious what you all think I should ask.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

kp.taco and Tacomania like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. dirtytaco

dirtytaco Well-Known Member

I would say if it is in very good shape with that mileage, you’d be able to ask around 13k and probably get somewhere around 12 out of it

rkortan likes this.
  4. OP
    PBGOMA

PBGOMA Member

Thanks for the input. With KBB and some other input I had $12,500 in mind. Looks like I'm within the realm of reason, plus or minus. Nice to have some positive reinforcement!

Tacomania likes this.
  5. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

I was thinking at least 12 k too ! Pictures ? Good luck with the knee .I need one too. My friend had both done in Boston by a doctor named Talmo. And he is still a rock climber .He replaces knees with a triathelite knee has better movement for active people.

6. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Is it 4x4? .. regardless they are expensive little trucks and with that low of mileage I'd hold out for what I wanted. Let's see some pics! Good luck

7. OP
    PBGOMA

PBGOMA Member

Sorry, yes. 4x4.

I'll try to load some pics.

Lil G likes this.
  8. Dktacoma

Dktacoma Active Member

Don’t mean to be rude or out of place but why a clutch replacement at that mileage? Agains sorry but seems way to early.

9. Dktacoma

Dktacoma Active Member

Post pics please looking for another pickup.

10. TacomaJed

TacomaJed Member

Was the frame covered by Toyota?

11. OP
    PBGOMA

PBGOMA Member

As to the clutch, you're not being rude at all. Yeah, I agree it seemed early in milage, but maybe not in age? There was no event that triggered the issue. Started with what I (in my limited experience) thought was a linkage issue - difficulty moving through the gears/locking in a gear. Started there with no relief. Eventually locked in gear and ended up on the side of the road. The clutch now is smoother/easier than it had been.

As to the frame, yes, covered by Toyota under a quiet extended warranty program. My shop steered to the program about three weeks before the warranty expired. Good for them and me. Still not sure why I was unaware of the extended warranty.

Working on pics.

Thanks to all.

12. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Dktacoma, I had a 2008 that the throw out bearing was making noise in it when I bought it with 21k . Toyota put pen clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing in it. I’m not sure why it was making noise but I bought it that way and it was all covered.

13. OP
    PBGOMA

PBGOMA Member

.Working on posting pics. May be technically challenged. We'll see.

14. OP
    PBGOMA

PBGOMA Member

IMG_1576775729.264701.jpg IMG_1576775762.293628.jpg IMG_1576775787.654766.jpg IMG_1576775806.963569.jpg IMG_1576775823.111317.jpg IMG_1576775840.844328.jpg IMG_1576775860.305316.jpg IMG_1576775877.783182.jpg

Cape taco likes this.
  15. OP
    PBGOMA

PBGOMA Member

Pics finally attached. Did not think they would be that big?

Cape taco likes this.
  16. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

That's a sweet truck , hope the next caregiver keeps it as nice !

B-Man likes this.
  17. Ed209

Ed209 Member

That truck is worth at least $15,000.

VonZipper2 and Atomic Diesel like this.