Six piston caliper

Tape

Has anyone replace your calipers with six piston calipers?

My Hellcat weighs more than my truck, it's surprised the hell out of me when I found this out.
My Hellcat has fantastic brakes, I am very impressed with the stopping power and they're factory Brembo brakes with six pistons calipers in the front and four pistons in the back, this is the reason why I am considering six piston calipers.
The only company that I'm aware of that does this for our trucks is Stoptech
Yeah, a bit pricey but considerable to me. Personally I don't like the Stoptech written on the calipers.

I also found out that Wilwood Engineering sells six piston calipers for our truck as well but you got to call them and talk to them and all that crap.

Appreciate your thoughts and replies.

Last edited:
Do you find your brakes inadequate? Things to think about, the new calipers may require new wheels and tires.
Absolutely inadequate, I can feel it struggling when I'm trying to stop quicker than normal. My Hellcat weighs more than my truck and the Brembo six piston calipers on it is just amazing. I got a set of 16" factory wheels and 18" Tacoma limited wheels and if they don't work out I'll buy a set that will. I believe I'm going to go with Wilwood.

That's something to think about. Especially if you do much towing.
Every trailer I've towed that i have to worry the truck brakes aren't enough I make sure that trailer has electric brakes. My old tundra had a brake controller for my old boat trailer's brakes that had to be around 3k lbs. Towing a loaded 2 place enclosed snowmobile trailer and sleds with no electric brakes with that 01 tundra was a wakeup call.

Back