SRT Hellcat

Tape

I was looking for a new SRT sedan and found one, everything was just right until I checked the insurance. I was shocked! They wanted $2500 a year. I don't know what you guys pay for your Tacoma but I pay $800 a year and I thought that was pretty good, State farm and Progressive wanted about $1300 a year & I have a great driving record.

You don't see many Hellcat's out there but when you do you can bet they're playing at least $2500-$4500 a year to drive that thing depending on their driving record, I was wondering why the used ones had so many different owners, I saw one car that was a 2017 and it had eight different owners but only about 20,000 miles on it.

They are beautiful cars and a lot of owners want to just leave them in the garage but that's a lot of insurance money to pay just to leave it in the garage.

Does anyone here own a high-performance vehicle? "600hp or higher"

Any of you guys ever wanted a car but insurance prices change your mind?

I'm still considering it but you're talking $70,000-$75,000 for the car and then the insurance, the insurance is what's holding me back but then I just keep saying to myself "you only live once"

I'm addicted to the G forces.

If you can afford a 75k car, tires, maintenance, etc...The insurance is cheap.
I've previously owned several performance cars, including a Hellcat, Viper, and even the SRT10 pickup, a few Porsches, two Ferraris, and the insurance is dirt cheap compared to the rest of it.
Don't over pay for it whatever used one you buy, because good chance you will be selling it again.
Dream to buy for sure, but living with one day in and day out is a PITA. Last month I bought a used DB9, had it 12 days, sold it for a nice little profit.
Fun car yes, but an oil filter is $130 for example.
Buy a Mustang Bullitt, fast and sounds sweet, but is cheap to own, and still comfortable day after day...going on a road trip, comfortable still. Your drivers license is in jeopardy every time you take it out, but otherwise just fun. Camaros suck unless you are short, and don't give a **** about visibility, had one of those heaps of junk for 6 months to. Might not hate it so badly if I was 7 inches shorter.

About 2 years ago Dodge was offering a lease deal on a Hellcat Challenger. $6K down and $500 a month but I forgot the other details. I almost took advantage but I didn't because I figured insurance would be insane. I also didn't want to be like everyone else. I bought a 2006 GTO with cash instead. Soon after my Tacoma was totaled so I purchased a new 4Runner. I have a payment anyway but I'd be stuck daily driving the Hellcat if I had purchased it.

Well I went and did it anyway, you know I got my truck and I’ve had a little bit over a year and it’s got 38,000 miles on it.

my run around car is my 2012 Kia soul that I hardly ever drove but I want to something that would let me feel some G forces. I saw Shelby Mustang and the MSRP is $67,887 and I offer them $63,500 OTD and they came back with $65,500 and I just said no and left.

Then I thought about this 2019 Hellcat that I have been looking at on Sundays for the past two months, it has 2400 miles and out the door they wanted $65,866, I offer them $63,500 OTD and they took it. It comes with the complete challenger warranty like you get when you buy a brand new car which was a surprise to me. When I went over to the dealership I wanted to take the car down the interstate one exit and then come back and they said nope, we don’t let nobody drive hellcats but you can drive it around the auto mall here. I’m glad they don’t let anyone drive Hellcats because we know what test drivers would do. I just wanted to make sure that the transmission shifted out right and everything was good before I hand them a $63,500 cashiers check.

Man this thing is amazing, it’s like a luxury car with 717 hp, It has so many features going on with the head unit that would probably take me a couple months to figure it out. I am so glad I decided to get this car, it’s really helped my head.

I tried to upload a photo but it says it’s too large so when I get home I’ll get on my MacBook and show a picture if anybody cares to see it.

Last edited:
Have a Friend here in Jersey,,late 50’s. Has the Hellcat,fastest production street legal car they manufacture. Pays 4K a year,clean record
That’s exactly what I’m talking about, $4000 a year is not cheap, I don’t care what kind of car it is. Luckily mine only $1370 a year, And my cheap ass doesn’t think that’s cheap and I have a clean record. If I didn’t have my truck on the same policy it would probably be $4000 a year.

Last edited:
Well I went and did it anyway, you know I got my truck and I’ve had a little bit over a year and it’s got 38,000 miles on it.

my run around car is my 2012 Kia soul that I hardly ever drove but I want to something that would let me feel some G forces. I saw Shelby Mustang and the MSRP is $67,887 and I offer them $63,500 OTD and they came back with $65,500 and I just said no and left.

Then I thought about this 2019 Hellcat that I have been looking at on Sundays for the past two months, it has 2400 miles and out the door they wanted $65,866, I offer them $63,500 OTD and they took it. It comes with the complete challenger warranty like you get when you buy a brand new car which was a surprise to me. When I went over to the dealership I wanted to take the car down the interstate one exit and then come back and they said nope, we don’t let nobody drive hellcats but you can drive it around the auto mall here. I’m glad they don’t let anyone drive Hellcats because we know what test drivers would do. I just wanted to make sure that the transmission shifted out right and everything was good before I hand them a $63,500 cashiers check.

Man this thing is amazing, it’s like a luxury car with 717 hp, It has so many features going on with the head unit that would probably take me a couple months to figure it out. I am so glad I decided to get this car, it’s really helped my head.

I tried to upload a photo but it says it’s too large so when I get home I’ll get on my MacBook and show a picture if anybody cares to see it.
That's frekin awesome !! They rock!

Definitely a lottery car ! But I don't play the lottery lol but have been thinking about a challenger srt 8 if I sell my hotrod
BTW The Challenger is a really nice car, I was surprised by the ride, comfort and the space in the trunk, it’s large enough for a 6 foot man to lay down in. I can also stretch my legs all the way out which I can’t do in my Tacoma.

Back